U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:23 AM

375 posts, read 225,145 times

Advertisements

Not that hard. I mean, if you pick 3 schools you may be happy with and make it for the enrollment and interview deadlines, you should get into at least 1 of them. But if your child is a pre-schooler, I highly recommend checking out the public program. It's very good. I have friends who make 700k+ combined a year whose kids are in public Pre-k now and we just had a mommy happy hour yesterday an we all agreed that we are happier with the public pre-k than the private preschools we all had our kids at the year before (and we had our kids in all different schools).

The most competitive to get in would be Dwight Englewood over in Englewood. I do have 2 friends whose kids are going there and there is a small Hoboken group of families whose kids go to DE who all know each other, carpool, etc. If your wife is a SAHM, you might look into that.

Hoboken is really a mecca for young families these days. Tons of parks, restaurants are family friendly (we have a great Biergarten and Pier13 in summer is great), there are a lot of mom's groups and dad's group. It's very easy to find your circle here--at least, it has been for me.

I'm not sure where you are moving from, but I would just fly here for a long weekend and make appointments with some brokers and see some apartments/condos and check out the neighborhood. My husband was set on living in NYC when he accepted a job here, but I had an old college roommate that was living in Hoboken and loving it, so we went apartment hunting in several neighborhoods (financial district, Jersey City, Hoboken) and ended up liking the feel of this side of the river a bit better. The city is right there when you want it, but it's less frenetic and more calm on this side with a small town feel in an urban atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 509 times
not sure how accurate this is but please see comments at the bottom of this website for comments related to hanoben.....

Hanoben project in Hoboken, NJ on Monroe Street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey