Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times

Advertisements

Lolamom.............glad to have you staying in Atlanta. We need more Jersey girls here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM

226 posts, read 858,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
This thread is starting to get very, very silly. Come on people there are plenty of nice houses from 500K-2million with good school districts. I truly find it hard to fathom not finding a nice house with good schools not next to railroad tracks or on Rt.80 within that price range. Come on now look a little harder there are plenty. But any way good luck lola it seems like your one of us, welcome home. JM
Of course there are. I think her point was for that amount of money she wanted something comparable to what she's got now. It really makes no difference how much you're spending, when you have to take a step down in the quality of your house/standard of living, it's hard to swallow and makes you question your decisions. I'm sure that's the same no matter what economic bracket you fall into.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
This thread is starting to get very, very silly. Come on people there are plenty of nice houses from 500K-2million with good school districts. I truly find it hard to fathom not finding a nice house with good schools not next to railroad tracks or on Rt.80 within that price range. Come on now look a little harder there are plenty. But any way good luck lola it seems like your one of us, welcome home. JM
Come to my neck of the woods. Our elementary school is in the top ten in the State (sorry Tahiti, but it's true). Homes run anywhere from low 200's to over 2 million. Crime is below the State average and it's all little stuff - no major crimes. Most of the homes have at least 2 acres if not more... no factories, no malls, no light pollution at night - which I love! It is incredible out here and extremely safe! And all of this, 5 mins from Rt. 80.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
Lolamom.............glad to have you staying in Atlanta. We need more Jersey girls here!
I'm trying to join you two as well - just can't sell my damn house! Perhaps when I do, we should have a Jersey Girl night out in Atlanta!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Come to my neck of the woods. Our elementary school is in the top ten in the State (sorry Tahiti, but it's true). Homes run anywhere from low 200's to over 2 million. Crime is below the State average and it's all little stuff - no major crimes. Most of the homes have at least 2 acres if not more... no factories, no malls, no light pollution at night - which I love! It is incredible out here and extremely safe! And all of this, 5 mins from Rt. 80.
I have the answer. Lola meet Wiley, Wiley meet Lola. Lola wants to move to New Jersey with a nice house and a good school district. Wiley wants to sell her nice house in a good school district and move to Atlanta. Done deal now that wasn't hard ladies and I won't even charge 6% in realtor fees.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I have the answer. Lola meet Wiley, Wiley meet Lola. Lola wants to move to New Jersey with a nice house and a good school district. Wiley wants to sell her nice house in a good school district and move to Atlanta. Done deal now that wasn't hard ladies and I won't even charge 6% in realtor fees.
Would have been nice but I'm only selling for under 600K - she's looking to spend 2 mil - nice try JM. You should move here, it's all cops!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

416 posts, read 1,713,445 times
Quote:
Would have been nice but I'm only selling for under 600K - she's looking to spend 2 mil
Well raise your price! Geez.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
LOL! not that I don't believe you...but.....

i've actually never seen a ranking of elementary schools - where can i find this information and how is it based? on NCLB? as far as I know, the only thing ranked as far as NCLB is if a school is in the top 10% (which means, top 140 or so), but even then, it's not ranked within that 10%. and if NCLB isn't the criteria, what is? i'm truly curious. HS' are easier to "rank" (although not perfect) because you can gauge things like "% going to college" and AP offerings and stuff like that.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LOL! not that I don't believe you...but.....

i've actually never seen a ranking of elementary schools - where can i find this information and how is it based? on NCLB? as far as I know, the only thing ranked as far as NCLB is if a school is in the top 10% (which means, top 140 or so), but even then, it's not ranked within that 10%. and if NCLB isn't the criteria, what is? i'm truly curious. HS' are easier to "rank" (although not perfect) because you can gauge things like "% going to college" and AP offerings and stuff like that.
LOL...have me in the corner now... It's what our township states on their webpage and the neighbors say the same thing so now I feel compelled to find out where they got this data - once I do, I will get it to you. I do know that as soon as that information came out, houses started popping up all over the place. I have homework to do now...let me find out the scoop!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DessertRat View Post
Well raise your price! Geez.
I was thinking the same thing rat. Maybe you and I could split the difference if we make the deal go down. Then you could move to Nevada and I could move down the Florida Keys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey