Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,718 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

My wife & I are considering getting a coop in Rossmoor, Monroe for my 80 year old mother-in-law. She is on a very limited soc security income so we are thinking of buying it for her. The coop would be under our name and we would pay all monthly fees although we wouldn't live there. Does anyone know whether this is allowed? I hear there are rules that require owners to live on the property.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 12:28 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,832,073 times
I'd think that the rules would be dictated by individual co-ops. So, you'd have to ask each one.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM

857 posts, read 826,803 times
Most co-ops have rules and limitations on sublets. Letting an immediate family member live there with no money exchanged is generally accepted with no aboard approval in most co-ops I have dealt with. Like always your mileage may vary and it's best to check with the co-op.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM

87,995 posts, read 83,805,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moutaindude View Post
Hello All,

My wife & I are considering getting a coop in Rossmoor, Monroe for my 80 year old mother-in-law. She is on a very limited soc security income so we are thinking of buying it for her. The coop would be under our name and we would pay all monthly fees although we wouldn't live there. Does anyone know whether this is allowed? I hear there are rules that require owners to live on the property.

Thanks a lot!
My sister and her husband rented a co-op at Rossmoor before they bought a condo there (both forms of ownership exist at Rossmoor). So, if they allow tenants, it seems that they would allow a family member of the owners. Probably best to ask and confirm.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,718 times
Thank you all for the feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey