U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
B11 B11 started this thread

1 posts, read 3,674 times
Default Morris Township/Morris County

I am looking at townhouses in the Morris Township area of Morris County. Price range of 450-550k and was curious what people think of this area as compared to Hanover/Whippany/Florham Park? Definitely looking for good schools and an area to raise young kids but still be convenient enough to NYC.

Not thrilled with the area near Headquarters Plaza and Speedwell Ave right in Morristown but was just curious what other opinions are of the outer areas - Morris Twnship and Morris Plains. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 AM

29 posts, read 150,114 times
Default Morris township

I just bought a house in Morris Township off of Western Avenue right at the border of the town and the township. We are very happy here-got a nice sized house for 475. I don't care for the area by headquarters either. But just a mile west the area is beautiful and the neighborhoods are safe and quiet. Also the area by Burnham Park is very nice. It is a hilly area and very family friendly.

I don't have kids but I see a lot of families around here.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 AM

10,453 posts, read 14,243,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
I am looking at townhouses in the Morris Township area of Morris County. Price range of 450-550k and was curious what people think of this area as compared to Hanover/Whippany/Florham Park? Definitely looking for good schools and an area to raise young kids but still be convenient enough to NYC.

Not thrilled with the area near Headquarters Plaza and Speedwell Ave right in Morristown but was just curious what other opinions are of the outer areas - Morris Twnship and Morris Plains. thanks

My son & His gf just bought a town house on Sussex Tpk in Morris Twp
The area I think is very nice and you are in Morristown within minutes.. My other DIL who is from that area says schools are pretty good

I'm not to familiar with hanover,whippany, florham pk so I can't compare

Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 AM

11,490 posts, read 19,744,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My son & His gf just bought a town house on Sussex Tpk in Morris Twp
The area I think is very nice and you are in Morristown within minutes.. My other DIL who is from that area says schools are pretty good

I'm not to familiar with hanover,whippany, florham pk so I can't compare
rose arbor by any chance?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:38 AM

3,200 posts, read 5,780,822 times
The area is fine. I think the kids go to Morristown High School which is not, in anyway, fine.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
rose arbor by any chance?
Yes, that would be the one

Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 AM

11,490 posts, read 19,744,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yes, that would be the one
really nice townhomes there. my cousin lived there and her place was beautiful.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 AM

117 posts, read 348,105 times
I'm not an expert and this is just my personal opinion, but I think Whippany is a nicer town with better schools. I believe Whippany was picked as a top 10 town in the US by Money Magazine a few years ago. I also think Florham Park is nicer. I always get confused with Hanover and East Hanover and never remember which is the nicer one. Morris Twp is nice though, I just think that Whippany is nicer.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
really nice townhomes there. my cousin lived there and her place was beautiful.

Yes, they are not to shabby!!

They both like the Morristown scene, they were renting in Morristown on Elm St....might as well turn that rent money into mortgage money and get something back eventually.
They are in Morristown in minutes..

Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 PM

717 posts, read 99,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
The area is fine. I think the kids go to Morristown High School which is not, in anyway, fine.
BS I went to Morristown HS. Its a great school if you are not a slacker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey