Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:10 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
Voorhees, eh? I'll look into that town then. Thanks a bunch!
Eh? You sound Canadien lol... Im not sure how many apartment complexes are there though... I hope you find some cause I may just live down there one day too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophy81 View Post
mount laurel, moorestown, voorhees, cherry hill, marlton, and some surrounding areas have a lot to due and only 10 to 15 min away from philadelphia. These towns I mentioned are ranked in the top in the state.. mount laurel's district is #2-#3 in the state.. would be good for your sister if you ever wanted to move down south.. i like north jersey... though.. the landscape is nicer... winding hills..
Definitely look into the towns mentioned above. Probably the nicest in SJ. Also look into Westmont, Haddonfield, and Collingswood.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:04 AM

240 posts, read 947,653 times
Default Same Boat

I am currently living in Middlesex County and want out. VERY high Asian Indian population. Competition in school unbelievable. Very expensive to live. Rent is 1500.00 for 2 bedroom. Homes start at 300,000.00. Nothing here either. I don't know why everything is so high.

I heard the Moorestown is great. Sounds like Vorhees is worth checking out. I have a son going into 4th grade so I am looking for a safe, affordable, American town.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,757 times
Delran is a nice town, not far from Philly and very close to Moorestown. Schools are good as are community services and people are very nice.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 5,612 times
Default exellent school in Voorhees, cherry hill ,Morrestown and mt Laurel

Very affordable houses in Voorhees,Mount Luarel and cherry hill. Also closed to route 295, 73 and 70. Nice areas with good schools.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM

48 posts, read 385,997 times
How far south do you want to go? Down here in Cumberland County it's not as bad as they'd have you believe. We live in Maurice River Township. It has nice towns, affordable housing (average$=175K) and a great school. (Just won "Schools to Watch" and a Blue Ribbon School)

I'm a refugee from a nice, small town that was taken over by "progress" (development, shore traffic, etc.) many years ago. Down here, We don't have to lock our doors, the keys to our vehicles are in the ignitions, the worst crime is some kid on an ATV with a broken muffler. People are generally provincial but, friendly and keep an eye out for each other. (ever see "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase?)

For a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with 2 acres,I pay $3,200/ year in taxes. For half of what you might pay in Central or North Jersey, you could have quite the spread. We're an hour from Philly or Atlantic City, 45 minutes to Ocean City or Cape May, 25 minutes to Sea Isle City or Avalon/Stone Harbor with NO traffic and at night, you can see the stars...all of them. The commercial centers are Millville and Vineland (15-20min. drive on a relatively empty highway) and they really aren't dangerous.

Hey, they just opened the new, "Farm & Dog" (Central Tractor Supply) last fall so, what more do you need? LOL

I don't normally advertise this area. But I also understand getting away from "progress" and wouldn't mind some others of the same ilk.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Delran is a nice town, not far from Philly and very close to Moorestown. Schools are good as are community services and people are very nice.
Just don't rent in Hunter's Glen! That place is insane

Old 03-26-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophy81 View Post
mount laurel, moorestown, voorhees, cherry hill, marlton, and some surrounding areas have a lot to due and only 10 to 15 min away from philadelphia. These towns I mentioned are ranked in the top in the state.. mount laurel's district is #2-#3 in the state.. would be good for your sister if you ever wanted to move down south.. i like north jersey... though.. the landscape is nicer... winding hills..

where do you get these rankings...seriously?

Schooldigger.com (the only free one's I can seem to find) has the 2 elementary schools I know off the top of my head, in Mt Laurel, ranked as follows :Parkway in the 400's, and Fleetwood in the 700's.

For comparison's sake, Eleanor Rush in Cinnaminson was in the 200's

Old 03-26-2008, 07:30 AM

I was just looking at their HS rankings.

Some of the Conventional Wisdom people throw out on here doesn't fit Schoodigger's numbers.

Shawnee - 54
Moorestown - 57
Cinnaminson - 78
Cherokee - 82
Seneca - 101
Eastern - 105
Lenape - 157
Delran 164
Maple Shade - 266
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey