Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:35 AM

857 posts, read 833,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, it's an app that helps keep you safe by allowing you to determine whether law enforcement personnel are actively setting up revenue generation stations in the trees and hills, causing people to brake suddenly. This makes it easy to avoid this dangerous braking behavior by knowing in advance that it is going to happen.

In addition, where speed limits are deliberately set below the safe 85th percentile guideline in order to trap motorists, Waze is a crucial aid. In this case, the state is acting against traffic engineering standards and is acting in bad faith, effectively becoming road bandits or trolls, taxing the driving public to raise revenue for their coffers.

When the state acts antisocially in this manner, it is perfectly reasonable for the citizen to enact countermeasures such as radar detection and Waze to avoid this illicit taxation.
You can try to justify anything. If you exceed the speed limit you are breaking the law regardless if you agree with the law or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Marco . What if I decided after the fact to only pay you 1 percent because that's all I feel your real estate services are worth.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:50 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,466,413 times
Haven't been here in a few days but waze has also saved me from traffic by giving me another route, and it adjusts on the fly. It's not just used for "breaking the law" (and if you speed anyway, how would it help you break the law)?. Also it was pretty accurate on reporting a giant pothole in the road that I was able to plan for.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Haven't you notice all the teenagers and women that are constantly texting, holding a phone while driving? That's worse than using Waze which takes 2-3 simple clicks or use voice command.
Men too. They are not exempt from dangerous driving behaviors.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:01 PM

110 posts, read 180,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Funny but in more then 35 years of driving I've never been a victim of these pirates. I guess they just victimize those breaking the law,
I am guessing you have never driven in Woodbridge area. Cops there are more ruthless than what I have seen elsewhere in NJ.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Worthless. Driving conditions are dynamic and change on a dime. What you saw on your computer at home is irrelevant in about 20 minutes.
I always leave early, and I've never had a long commute. It worked for me. I realize that's not everyone's reality.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:44 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg007 View Post
Hello all,

Hope you guys are doing well and title of this thread already told the state of my boat.

My wife got the following three tickets:

39:4–86 Improper passing in no passing zone (4 points)
39:4-97 Careless driving (2 points)
39:4–98 Exceeding maximum speed 15-29 mph over limit (4 points)

my thought is that by excessively speeding, your wife minimized the amount of time spent in the no passing zone and in one small way, demonstrates something other than carelessness. You may find that the DA would find something to work with on that.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlast View Post
I am guessing you have never driven in Woodbridge area. Cops there are more ruthless than what I have seen elsewhere in NJ.
You would be guessing wrong.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:31 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,529,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
people helping other people. there are pirates on the roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Funny but in more then 35 years of driving I've never been a victim of these pirates. I guess they just victimize those breaking the law,
I have been stopped over the last 40 some years, deservedly so, usually speeding. Yes, I've gotten some tickets, paid them and moved on. It's been about 20yrs since the last one, sometimes they've let me slide.

Only once can I say the officer was "fishing", 2 or 3 am, I'd left a diner and headed up the highway. Almost immediately a car came up behind me, (I'm in the middle lane), tailgated me for about a mile, then "lit me up". I pulled over to the shoulder, the cop came up, flashlight shining into the back windows. Checked my license and registration, said he pulled me over because, "I'd crossed the white line."
It was a construction area and the line kind of wandered, and this car was tailgating me!
Let me go, I think he was hoping to get a DWI, by the time he'd processed me his shift would have been over, whereas if he got someone at 4am he'd be forced into OT.
Those "pirates" sure are handy when, if you have an accident they make a decision as to someone's being at fault.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
my thought is that by excessively speeding, your wife minimized the amount of time spent in the no passing zone and in one small way, demonstrates something other than carelessness. You may find that the DA would find something to work with on that.
Yea that will impress the judge. How about "judge I was speeding so there's spent less time polluting the environment."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey