Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
True, but why should it be on the backs of homeowners?
and how would you suggest the government schools be supported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:00 PM

757 posts, read 3,363,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbro View Post
Oh, I get it now! That's why they call it public education!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
True, but why should it be on the backs of homeowners?
Point taken. Homeowners are part of the public, but so are others who own no property. This is the system that's been used since ???? in most, if not all, states. High time the whole question of property taxes was reconsidered.

That's a topic worth its own thread.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:17 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
Good thing I DUCKED!

~Shanny

Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 PM

29 posts, read 120,733 times
Sea Bright, Middletown (certain parts), Red Bank, Matawan, Tinton Falls, Rumson, Fair Haven, Hazlet (certain parts) and Long Branch (certain parts) all good.

You can find houses in the $400K range in all of these. Just be aware that in places like Rumson or Fair Haven, they are going to be 2-3 bedroom "fixer uppers". Right now they are tearing down $699K houses in Rumson for lot value. But I just looked Rumson up on the MLS and there are houses available. And Rumson taxes are really not that bad.

My personal fav is Point Pleasant Beach or Boro (East of the canal). Good schools, great little downtown, plus the boardwalk and ocean. The closer you get to the ocean, the higher the prices (and you have to deal with the seasonal tourists).

I'd suggest neighborhoods west of Rte 35 in Pt. Beach - most are full time residences, schools are on that side of the Hwy, as is the downtown, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey