Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:02 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,190 times

Advertisements

Is Watchung just a bunch of homes in the mountain with no downtown? How's the public library?

I mean, it looks nice and peaceful, but it must be awful boring...

The reason I like it is that I like the mountain scenery, AND it's somewhat close to North Plainfield's Asian Food center and Rt 22, but I also like a neighborhood where the people know each other and are somewhat diverse and colorful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 AM

531 posts, read 2,149,972 times
Newark is way nicer, bro.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Newark is way nicer, bro.
Actually, in terms of what you can do, it IS nicer.

However, I don't see any mountains in newark, do you?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 AM

531 posts, read 2,149,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Actually, in terms of what you can do, it IS nicer.

However, I don't see any mountains in newark, do you?
Buy a vacation home in Watchung. Live in Newark. When you're in the mood for a break from the fabulous living in Newark, you can go slumming in your vacation shack in Watchung.

Think about it, it'll be awesome!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Buy a vacation home in Watchung. Live in Newark. When you're in the mood for a break from the fabulous living in Newark, you can go slumming in your vacation shack in Watchung.

Think about it, it'll be awesome!
Too bad my work is closer to watchung, huh? And like i said that I really do like living in the mountains with the NYC skyline?

Btw, I'm glad there are so many people here who aren't snobbish. Why, to think I thought this forum was for helping people no matter whether they lived in big cities or small towns, and to celebrate the advantages of living good no matter where you are. Instead, it's a place for people in the suburbs to gloat about how "special" they are in their quiet little neighborhoods, and how they're so "special" because they managed to keep the "riff raff" out.

And btw, if you don't have any useful thing to say about the topic, perhaps it would be best if you just do like mom said and realize that silence sometimes is golden, after all.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
Im not a snob... I live in Trenton for crying out loud. Its not people being snobbish, its people disagreeing with all the things you've been writing. We disagree and we tell you we disagree. We are not being snobs.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
Replacement picture

Old 03-10-2008, 12:56 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
Im not a snob... I live in Trenton for crying out loud. Its not people being snobbish, its people disagreeing with all the things you've been writing. We disagree and we tell you we disagree. We are not being snobs.

Agreed...
kalim2008-Some of the things posted are just Ridiculous. You have disagreed with others and no one has called you snobbish although I am starting to wonder what people will be calling you soon with these silly posts.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM

253 posts, read 1,266,868 times
Quote:
Too bad my work is closer to watchung, huh? And like i said that I really do like living in the mountains with the NYC skyline?

Btw, I'm glad there are so many people here who aren't snobbish. Why, to think I thought this forum was for helping people no matter whether they lived in big cities or small towns, and to celebrate the advantages of living good no matter where you are. Instead, it's a place for people in the suburbs to gloat about how "special" they are in their quiet little neighborhoods, and how they're so "special" because they managed to keep the "riff raff" out.

And btw, if you don't have any useful thing to say about the topic, perhaps it would be best if you just do like mom said and realize that silence sometimes is golden, after all.
Brilliant.

that person was being sarcastic and using the word "bro" is just as bad as using the word "dude" to make a point and it was uncalled for. But just as you would with anyone else - don't entertain it. Ignore it and move to the next postin.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,659,601 times
Quote:
Is Watchung just a bunch of homes in the mountain with no downtown? How's the public library?

I mean, it looks nice and peaceful, but it must be awful boring...

The reason I like it is that I like the mountain scenery, AND it's somewhat close to North Plainfield's Asian Food center and Rt 22, but I also like a neighborhood where the people know each other and are somewhat diverse and colorful.
Watchung has no real downtown to speak of...a little cluster of stores around the Watchung Circle basically...or the newer Borders and Walmart complex on Rt 22. But all around you, you have Warren ("downtown" would be the Flag Plaza and Pheasant Run), Berkeley Heights, Long Hill Twp, New Providence, Bridgewater, etc. The public library in Watchung is most likely pretty top-notch. And yeah...Watchung is pretty nice and peaceful. I think if there were a lot more "to do", it might get less peaceful pretty quickly! I think you will find folks friendly and neighborly and quite diverse in Watchung. You get what you give...be a good neighbor and enjoy the neighborliness of others!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey