U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:54 AM

25 posts, read 10,982 times

Advertisements

Physical damage is not everything, if somebody or group of people yelling at me or my family frequently we can sue for mental suffering also.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:57 AM

27,821 posts, read 25,723,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindabrown View Post
Yes, when tires flattened it was on street parking, just in front of our home/drive way.
We bought new home in December only , there is level difference between street and driveway and my car's bottom was hitting/grinding ground every time I was trying to park or pulling out from drive way, so I had decided to park in street.
Racist Neighbors got excuse , so they sliced my tire. when I talked one of the neighbor he said it's ok to slice if you don't park in your parking/drive way. I was not blocking in other's drive way, it's was public street parking just direct in front of my home. while all others neighbors also park in street. all are together, find excuse like that.
moving out is not an option because we just bought in December and what is guarantee we won't face such people at new place. this is Trmup's era.
Oh boy, here we go. It's Trump's fault.

By a security camera system or just keep complaining. Good luck on your "law suite".

Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 AM

13,861 posts, read 9,222,097 times
Quote:
Physical damage is not everything, if somebody or group of people yelling at me or my family frequently we can sue for mental suffering also.
Apparently you can sue for 7 million dollars if a dry cleaner loses your pants.

Provides well paid jobs for NJ lawyers whose population is about the most dense per sq mile in the entire country.

Merits of a case do not matter, often lawsuits without merit go for settlements. Matter of economics.

So yes, suing is quite profitable but does not generally make the winner very popular. However, each case is unique.

"yelling" whatever that constitutes and 'frequently' would be a police/mayoral matter to solve the issue. The town would not like to have its reputation smeared in the media. Remember you want to solve the problem.

In a world where an adult suffers PTSD from seeing chalk marks, "Trump 2016" on a sidewalk and claims in divorces, complaints of mental anguish have been diminshed and are now taken with a grain of salt, raising the threshold of proof much higher.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 AM

426 posts, read 291,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
I wouldn't just offer to clean their driveway, I would go ahead and just do it and make sure your child knows not to do it again.
I would NOT just go on their property to clean their driveway without first apologizing for the "transgression" and then offering to clean it up.

To unilaterally go on property for whatever reason (other than to talk, etc.) could just as likely (more likely quite frankly) make the neighbor even more hostile.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 PM

7,339 posts, read 6,056,006 times
Quote:
It's definitely my mistake, but there is a reason for that.
We bought and moved here in December, before that we were living in Bayonne only also lived in PA also.
There kids from same street they used to play in our driveway without asking and same with our kids.
So, I had that mindset in my mind, also my tenant's daughter around 12 years she was also playing with my son.
her grandmother was sitting with us outside, she also didn't raise any concern.
So, in our mind it was normal.
But after this incident we realized that it was a huge issue.
and when that lanlord came , he came shouting on us, he didn't ask or said anything directly, but shouting loudly , using f* word ten times in one sentence , telling us his wife's big connection in Bayonne, bashing on our religion, when I tried to video record then threatening to send us in Jail.
Some neighbor(him or some other)..cut our tire, we didn't shout, we didn't abuse anybody's religion, just called 911 told them what happened...
He also called the 911 but after so much drama, cops said nothing as expected....
If I was him, I would have asked him not to do this again politely why need to do a drama
Hold the phone:

But "when that lan[d]lord came" he was yelling at you about his wife's big connections in Bayonne?

Quote:
My son 7 years was playing outside. and while playing he went to neighbors driveway+sidewalk
and started playing with chalk.
after some time neighbor came and started shouting using abusive words.
he was bragging/shouting "my wife has big connections, she knows all big guys in town"
Who is the landlord? Your landlord or your neighbor's landlord? Can't be your LL b/c you just bought a house and are a property owner. Who called the Landlord of your neighbor? But he is your neighbor so he's his own landlord?

Could you clarify?

You called 911 for a slashed tired, but "him or some other" neighbor may have slashed your tire? But the neighbor who slashed your tire also called 911 about the slashed tire?

A slashed tire should NOT be a call to 911. Call the non-emergency number for the local police to file a report.

First this:
Quote:
Note: we have faced racism here before also, somebody had broken our living room big glass window by throwing a stone also.
In some other incident somebody sliced our car tire. we called the cops both time, cop asked do you suspect somebody we said no, after that I don't think police investigated anything. seems like cops are also not cooperating for minorities.
Then this:
Quote:
when I talked one of the neighbor he said it's ok to slice if you don't park in your parking/drive way. I was not blocking in other's drive way, it's was public street parking just direct in front of my home. while all others neighbors also park in street. all are together, find excuse like that.
moving out is not an option because we just bought in December and what is guarantee we won't face such people at new place. this is Trmup's era.
But you just did, according to you, & with the racist neighbor/landlord/whomever.

Some neighbor, at your old rental, told you that the tires on your car are up for slashing if you park your car in the street?

Why did you stay/buy in Bayonne?

Are you yanking everyone's chain?

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-14-2017 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 05:47 AM

Now, I have my own home, Earlier I was renting.
case window broken happened when I was renting.

in Current case(my own home)
my neighbor has his own home, so neighbor or landlord are same person in this context.
some body sliced my tire, I guess it's one of the neighbor but not sure who.
sliced-tire case I called 911.
when I had incident with neighbor over chalk then neighbor called 911.
I think everything written was clear, not sure why you got confused???

Old 06-15-2017, 09:19 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,711,905 times
I wouldn't let it bother you. Just keep an eye on your kid. I know some Racist people are all just paper tigers. Just ignore them, if things get serious, start recording, or report it to the cops.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:57 AM

Yes, that's what I am doing now.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:56 PM

7,339 posts, read 6,056,006 times
Quote:
Now, I have my own home, Earlier I was renting.
case window broken happened when I was renting.

in Current case(my own home)
my neighbor has his own home, so neighbor or landlord are same person in this context.
some body sliced my tire, I guess it's one of the neighbor but not sure who.
sliced-tire case I called 911.
when I had incident with neighbor over chalk then neighbor called 911.
I think everything written was clear, not sure why you got confused???
You have been a tenant with a LL (for 6 years, at least in NJ - longer if you add in the time you spent in PA) and are currently both a homeowner and a LL (you said you have tenants in your "new" home) in NJ. How do you NOT understand the difference?

Clear? You can't keep your stories straight.

Whatever. Best of luck!

Word to the "wise"....make sure to change your CD account over before you post about the horrors of living in racist Bayonne, NJ for 6 years in a Chicago suburbs forum.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-17-2017 at 12:21 AM..

Old 06-17-2017, 05:06 AM

2,951 posts, read 1,343,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
Whether your neighbor is a racist or not, your child was at fault for defacing other people's property. I realize he's only 7 years old and chalk on the driveway isn't the end of the world. But people (myself included) tend to be very protective of their property. In his mind, if your child was comfortable writing on their driveway, it isn't a far stretch to see your child not respective their property rights and taking other liberties with their home. I wouldn't just offer to clean their driveway, I would go ahead and just do it and make sure your child knows not to do it again.

I do agree with trying to be friendly with the neighbors. I might even encourage a giving a small gift or baking a desert for the "Archie Bunker" neighbor with an apology. If he decides he still needs to be a jerk, then don't waste any more time with him.
Really? Is "chalk writing" on a property a "defacement" that devalues your property? You can hose it down and get rid of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey