U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:39 AM

164 posts, read 50,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindabrown View Post
Hi we are Hindu originally from India, right now we are living in Bayonne, NJ.
My son 7 years was playing outside. and while playing he went to neighbors driveway+sidewalk
and started playing with chalk.
after some time neighbor came and started shouting using abusive words.
he was bragging/shouting "my wife has big connections, she knows all big guys in town",
He made some racist comments also. He also tried to threaten us like you don't know the rules in this country, your religion allow kids to play kids in neighbors area like that.

So, I started video tape him with my cellphone, then he started saying you can not video tape, he will send us in jail for this.

I know that my kid made a mistake , we offered them that we will clean it was just chalk mark on outside driveway floor, but seems like it was just an excuse for him to shout on us because we are Hindu/Indian.

So, my concern is if something like this happen again, if he or some body else makes racist comment on us...what we should do?

Note: we have faced racism here before also, somebody had broken our living room big glass window by throwing a stone also.
In some other incident somebody sliced our car tire. we called the cops both time, cop asked do you suspect somebody we said no, after that I don't think police investigated anything. seems like cops are also not cooperating for minorities.
Keep taping him, as long as the kids are on the sidewalk they aren't in his yard, chalk isn't vandalisim as it comes off in the next rainstorm or if they whip out a hose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:14 AM

1,566 posts, read 449,323 times
Adults should not be yelling at other peoples children, and parents should shout back at grown adults yelling at their kids. No reason to play nice when someone yells at your kid! f' m' .

the neighbor should know how to talk to kids, and could have asked the kid, "where is mommie and daddie ?", as so to have a word with them. this is the right approach. its Not like the kid has a spray can or paint on them. For the neighbor to carry on with some BS dialogue "my wife has big friends" , is some dumb crap. You can potentially get back at them, by finding out who her employer is , and complaining. What makes her so important that you can throw names around.

Just put up a security camera system, you are in your right, and you do not have to explain nothing to your neighbors. You do not have to open your doors to police, no cops can come as a favor, and violate your rights.

I would suggest you keep your 7 years old behind the gate, or in your yard. Do you, and live your life how you see fit. If your neighbor continues to be a jerk, for no reason, talking that Indian crap, tell him to F' off! stick up for yourself, it is the American way! Money talks, lawyers make it happen, I m sure he would like to keep some of his money, and will stop the BS games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: