Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM

4 posts, read 12,922 times

Advertisements

I know there have been prior threads in this forum (have read them) on the same topic.They had a lot of information and now I am
confused .
I have never been to NJ before and am not familiar with the area.
Hence I am posting this thread to get suggestions to my specific situation:

I will be working in Hoboken.
I am looking at a 1 way travel of about 60 minutes door - door
Easy access to Asian(Indian) groceries
Rent around $ 1200 - 1500 / month for a 1 bedroom apartment
I have a 2 year old kid and need a place which is a good area to raise kids and safe / low crime rate

Thanks in advance for your inputs/ suggestions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njboy View Post
I know there have been prior threads in this forum (have read them) on the same topic.They had a lot of information and now I am
confused .
I have never been to NJ before and am not familiar with the area.
Hence I am posting this thread to get suggestions to my specific situation:

I will be working in Hoboken.
I am looking at a 1 way travel of about 60 minutes door - door
Easy access to Asian(Indian) groceries
Rent around $ 1200 - 1500 / month for a 1 bedroom apartment
I have a 2 year old kid and need a place which is a good area to raise kids and safe / low crime rate

Thanks in advance for your inputs/ suggestions.

Looks like Iselin is the place for you.

Less than 60 minutes to Hoboken. You can easily find a 2 bedroom for under $1500. Iselin is known for Asian groceries and crime is normal with good schools.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM

109 posts, read 477,531 times
iselin or parsippany

Old 12-06-2006, 02:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,922 times
Question Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions.

As suggested by you all, I looked at Iselin and Parsipanny on the NJ transit map and the commmute is more than an hour.

Add to that the travel to the station and from hoboken station to office.

Many posts in the forum talk about the traffic congestion and I am inclined to take the train to work rather than drive.

Can you advise me on a location thats about 45 -50 minutes through NJ transit.

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:11 AM

28 posts, read 98,678 times
Reviving an old thread, but even I have the exact same requirements.. Please share your valuable inputs?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:38 PM

390 posts, read 1,366,794 times
Edison also has a large Indian population. As do parts of Jersey City.

Towns along the Main/Bergen and Pascak lines will get you to Hoboken fastest though (about half an hour on average). If I were you, this is where I would look. There are Indian populations all over New Jersey, so I don't think you'll have too hard of a time anywhere really. I'd for sure check out Clifton, Elmwood Park, Fair Lawn, Rochelle Park, Teaneck, Bogota, Bergenfield, and Hackensack. All are safe towns that have at least one Indian grocery in it. Really, you won't be too far away from one no matter what. And anywhere in Bergen County is a safe area.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 PM

28 posts, read 98,678 times
Thanks for your elaborate comments.

I am temporarily staying in the Jersey City Heights area. This area has great proximity to hoboken. But I am not sure about any nice and safe gated or secured communities around, please help..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey