U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 08:26 AM

44,034 posts, read 44,143,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I'll tell ya, I'm impressed with some of the gatherings I see at Darlington, which we go to about once a year.

Big family groups, someone manning the charcoal grill, coolers loaded up with food. They set up shop all day and really enjoy the place. Which is great, good for them!
I used to swim at Darlington when I was young and it was mostly locals. Over the years it became a destination for urbanites who thought they were out in the country. But yes, nice that they have a place to take the family and kids. If I lived in an urban area and it was summer, I would seek the same. Those kids are always going to have memories of those family outings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:36 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,120,207 times
You know where else there are lots of minorities? Any given beach on the Jersey shore. Why? Because their family likes enjoying nature.

Should be easy to understand...

Old 08-05-2017, 11:50 AM

11,985 posts, read 13,999,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post

Yes, it is easy to understand, but let us not forget that there are people out there who clutch their pearls at the mere sight of non-white people in areas that they deem to be inappropriate for members of minority groups.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:28 PM

123 posts, read 39,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Its right off I78 so its easy to get to.

For visitors from the Urban part of the state East of the Park it a fast trip from Cement parks, and hot cities. Entrance fees are cheap, $10/Carload Its Clean, Well Maintained.

Hunterdon county residents have grass back yards, swimming pool, local parks etc. They don't need to go to the State Park for its amenities.
Thanks I think this seems to explain it

Old 08-05-2017, 04:34 PM

123 posts, read 39,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
You know where else there are lots of minorities? Any given beach on the Jersey shore. Why? Because their family likes enjoying nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Does anything good ever come after "I'm not a racist. however..."?

Yup, confirmed poster's history of "evolved" thinking in past posts.
Lol you guys think I'm a bigot for posting this? Yeah of course minorities love nature. And since you mention the beach have you ever been to cape may the people that go there are white like the population that lives there so I think my question still has meaning. Also I remember someone asking here why does Garden state plaza have so many minorities? This is also a valid question since there are plenty of whites in the Paramus area.

And if I'm so bigoted why would I visit places like Elizabeth and union city that are so filled with minorities? Do you guys go to these places?

Old 08-05-2017, 07:24 PM

5,103 posts, read 11,135,319 times
Actually its all humanity and mind games that we all need to keep proving that no one is prejudice,,,
For instance,,, if there are MANY,,, then that is not a minority,,, get it? It becomes a majority,,, but it's these silly word games that we all pretend with. Everyone,, most everyone thinks the same.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:29 PM

44,034 posts, read 44,143,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofllknowledge View Post
Lol you guys think I'm a bigot for posting this? Yeah of course minorities love nature. And since you mention the beach have you ever been to cape may the people that go there are white like the population that lives there so I think my question still has meaning. Also I remember someone asking here why does Garden state plaza have so many minorities? This is also a valid question since there are plenty of whites in the Paramus area.

And if I'm so bigoted why would I visit places like Elizabeth and union city that are so filled with minorities? Do you guys go to these places?
The Garden State Plaza has a lot of minorities because it's a 20-minute straight shot down Route 4 from the GWB. Washington Heights, and others, come out to do some sales-tax saving shopping at a giant mall that has no equivalent in the city.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:30 PM

24 posts, read 119,326 times

Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 PM

8,080 posts, read 8,402,235 times
A line from Game of Thrones really stuck in my head.

The main character told his children, "When a man says "but", everything he said before the word "but" is bull$h!t."

I think that was great advice.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:53 AM

745 posts, read 748,224 times
At least the question was answered before the mass triggering and snow flurries started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey