Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times

Advertisements

I bought 500# of cement mix for a project... (I was going to try to make a pizza oven) and guess what, my shed leaked. Aside from breaking it down and putting it out on the curb...someone at some point told me you can go somewhere and drop it off and pay per lb. in Northern NJ but I can't remember where...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM

316 posts, read 1,248,611 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
I bought 500# of cement mix for a project... (I was going to try to make a pizza oven) and guess what, my shed leaked. Aside from breaking it down and putting it out on the curb...someone at some point told me you can go somewhere and drop it off and pay per lb. in Northern NJ but I can't remember where...
What is made out of? there is a metal place by me they will take stuff and pay you for it buy the pound.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:34 AM

604 posts, read 2,913,214 times
Quote:
Call a local mason in your area I am sure he will take 500lbs. of Concrete mix off your hands. If you are saying the concrete got wet that's another story. Most towns have spring clean up weekends that you can take any household trash to. Check with your town.

E

Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times
yeah it's cement mix that got wet ha

Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,598,166 times
Quote:
yeah it's cement mix that got wet ha
Your pal was probably talking about Grinnell or mt. Hope maybe in North Jersey? I would call the town, they may be able to take it on "bulk" waste day - see when the next one for your township will be and hang onto it until then if you can - it's a bit expensive to get rid of...

Old 03-15-2008, 03:45 PM

622 posts, read 3,112,312 times
I'm sort of in the same boat. I demolished my concrete steps and they're sitting behind my shed until I can figure out where to put them.

I do remember a place I used in Clifton about 5-6 years ago. I believe they were on Grove street ***EDIT*** Valley road, not grove street.** if I remember correctly. I dropped off a bunch of masonry stuff. You drive in with the truck onto a scale and get weighed, then they weigh you again on the way out. You might have to dump it yourself on their lot.

Noy sure if it's still there and no idea of the name. Some kind of quarry or something.

Last edited by NewJersey?; 03-15-2008 at 05:15 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
There is a landfill in Oxford that takes anything and everything. They do it by the pound during the week and by the truck/car load on Saturdays. Probably way out of the way for you though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey