Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,076 times

Advertisements

Okay then spill it Bob, where's the good pizza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
Okay then spill it Bob, where's the good pizza?
It might not be to your liking if you're a die-hard pizza fan, but have you tried Mellow Mushroom? It's not a replica of NYC pizza (the sprinkle Parmesan on the crust, for example), but it's a really good pie- I could definitely see eating there regularly.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,076 times
I've tried it and it is pretty good. My only issue is they put a lot of sugar in the sauce. The one on highway 92 in Roswell has an indoor "tree" table that my kids love to sit in!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboC View Post
Lucky to live in NJ and don't mind paying the taxes.

MyFox LIVE

not cool. while some former residents feel the need to take a "dig" at NJ at nearly every oppy, why stoop to that level? i try to rise above it...e.g. "i don't have to tear you down to make me feel better". i've heard about this, but don't know if anyone was hurt or if there was a lot of damage. I hope not.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:50 PM

201 posts, read 1,012,600 times
I left South Jersey after living there 41 years. I only remember 1 hail storm in all those years. Now I live in North Forsyth County (Cumming GA). I have seen about 5 hail storms so far since Dec 2006. 3 of them yesterday alone.

I was watching the News yesterday at about 1:30 pm, and they were tracking a tornado, showing streets 1 block from my home saying if you live near this area you are in the path of a storm that has produced deaths. They said to get in the basement now. It was so scary! We went halfway down the steps so we could still see the windows. My husband though I was over reacting. Until it was like a blender of debris outside the window, and he thought the windows were gonna give way.

It was over quickly. We lost a tree in the woods behind our home but that was it. The neighbor acroos the street had porch chairs end up in the street. But the street outside our subdivision (on Hendrix Rd) there was a line of trees down. One of which had to be almost 100 years old. The roots were like 15 feet high as it layed on it's side. Just up the street a family had a long driveway and approx 20 pear trees all the same height and size (approz 25 feet tall each) Many were split and blow down maybe about 9 of them.

But we were lucky. It was so scary to be told to take cover and it was on it's way.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,825 times
At least you had a warning. Last year we had what was called a "microburst" with no warning. Trees fell all over my neighborhood, some smashing through cars and houses. I understand how scared you must have been. Glad you're ok.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:26 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboC View Post
Lucky to live in NJ and don't mind paying the taxes.

MyFox LIVE
I think this is kind of mean. I have a customer in Atlanta who is about 80 years old and this really shook him up. It does not happen often in Atlanta and this was the first time it struck downtown. Hopefully, it will be the last.
It can happen anywhere. It happened in NJ in the town I lived in and it wasn't funny then either for the homeowners that it affected.
USATODAY.com - Forecasters confirm tornado struck N.J. town
I only lived a few miles from where this occured.

Diane G

Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
It might not be to your liking if you're a die-hard pizza fan, but have you tried Mellow Mushroom? It's not a replica of NYC pizza (the sprinkle Parmesan on the crust, for example), but it's a really good pie- I could definitely see eating there regularly.
Bob, Mellow Muchroom isn't bad , we have that here also. Do you as have Pie in the Sky?, also not bad.
Here though I did find a Pizza Place owned by former Brooklynites, that is really good. I found Italian Pastry owned by Former Residents of NJ.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey