Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 PM

13 posts, read 85,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
is it true that they are giving away a smart car with purchase of a loft unit?

It's only for penthouse unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,635 times
lol yes but only if you buy a penthouse unit. I think it's a terrible idea at least if it's some mainstream car like an accord or camry it might be useful to the buyer, but who the heck will drive around in that toy car...

Old 07-26-2009, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 6,095 times
Couple of quick things...Shuttle is never crowded, no wait, and very quick trip especially during winter months. I would not say it is brutal during winter but I have never had to walk it with the shuttle service. Walk to/from Path is easy and all of 10 minutes.Maint fee is reasonable considering the amentities. Have you seen this place? I have to say, I think some of the people commenting in these posts no little about Canco. Your replies are not exactly accurate....Also, keep in mind places around here that are selling cheaper are not exactly on the same level. I know someone who bought in the area and the entire building has a bed bug problem. Neighbors are in foreclosure, and now they are stuck with a condo they can hardly live in nor sell because the value went down overnight. As for the neighborhood...I moved here from Manhattan and I love the neighborhood and find the walk to/from Path very safe even at night. This is a neighborhood with hard working people raising families. Yes, Greenville, or West Side can be sketchy in some areas but when do you ever go there other than to pass through? I personally do not like Hoboken nor would I have bought there. It's crowded, over developed, and hard to find any parking when you go there. In JSQ it is less developed but you can jump on Path to Grove Street, Exchange Place or take a taxi for $5/$6. Personally speaking, I happen to really like this quite neighborhood over some of the other more developed. In light of the recent JC crime I will say that it seems isolated and is not close to where Canco is located. I just rode my bike through these areas and back and noticed a considerable difference between neighborhoods. And to my earlier point there is no reason to go to these other neighborhoods in the first place. I hope this helps. Two suggestions: Get off the Path after work, and around say 7pm or 8pm and walk down Newark or across JFK to Canco. I can bet you will find the neighborhood safe and family oriented. Also, spend more time at Canco, or anywhere else you are considering buying and you will find the answer to many of the questions above.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:10 AM

835 posts, read 1,180,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFC View Post
Couple of quick things...Shuttle is never crowded, no wait, and very quick trip especially during winter months. I would not say it is brutal during winter but I have never had to walk it with the shuttle service. Walk to/from Path is easy and all of 10 minutes.Maint fee is reasonable considering the amentities. Have you seen this place? I have to say, I think some of the people commenting in these posts no little about Canco. Your replies are not exactly accurate....Also, keep in mind places around here that are selling cheaper are not exactly on the same level. I know someone who bought in the area and the entire building has a bed bug problem. Neighbors are in foreclosure, and now they are stuck with a condo they can hardly live in nor sell because the value went down overnight. As for the neighborhood...I moved here from Manhattan and I love the neighborhood and find the walk to/from Path very safe even at night. This is a neighborhood with hard working people raising families. Yes, Greenville, or West Side can be sketchy in some areas but when do you ever go there other than to pass through? I personally do not like Hoboken nor would I have bought there. It's crowded, over developed, and hard to find any parking when you go there. In JSQ it is less developed but you can jump on Path to Grove Street, Exchange Place or take a taxi for $5/$6. Personally speaking, I happen to really like this quite neighborhood over some of the other more developed. In light of the recent JC crime I will say that it seems isolated and is not close to where Canco is located. I just rode my bike through these areas and back and noticed a considerable difference between neighborhoods. And to my earlier point there is no reason to go to these other neighborhoods in the first place. I hope this helps. Two suggestions: Get off the Path after work, and around say 7pm or 8pm and walk down Newark or across JFK to Canco. I can bet you will find the neighborhood safe and family oriented. Also, spend more time at Canco, or anywhere else you are considering buying and you will find the answer to many of the questions above.

If it is so good why are they giving away cars?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:44 PM

229 posts, read 923,415 times
To entice buyers?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:45 PM

BTW, the new pricing there is really good. Like $350 a foot.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM

We bought a penthouse unit. We had put a down payment on a unit at the Altessa in UC. I still think it is a great buy and worth investigating. For us, the Canco felt better. We had a tremendous experience Sunday at Canco. We looked at so many units I can not count, but we ended up signing on one that day.It was a hard decision between the Altessa and Canco, but overall, we liked Canco better.We negotiated a very good price. Additionally, when you take into account that AC, Heat and Hot water are included in maintenance, it really is in line with other luxury buildings. Slightly higher, but nothing crazy. But then include the 10 year abatement and it is less expensive.I am looking forward to moving in ASAP. We are out of attorney review, and just going through the rest of the process now.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM

We are aiming at closing this month, maybe even 8/31! SPoke with the sales person today and they have contracts on several other units. I am very excited and can not wait to move out of Long Gisland. I hate it out there.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM

467 posts, read 1,489,001 times
Tell me something, Are you all willing to live "under the Pulaski Skyway" Guess you will never open your
windows..I can't believe they are making "luxury apts" out of the old American Can Company building.
Geez, I guess I'm getting old...that area sorry to those of you who like it...is so UGLY...that's the only
word to describe..but like the saying goes,different strokes for different folks, to each his own. I can only say for that price what a beautiful place you could get in Florida, I know, I know it's the jobs (stupid)..and I can understand that....it just sounds like so much money to live there....Good luck to all
of you who bought there.....Would like to see some pictures some day...just curious.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 AM

Here are a few shots from my phone. My photog skills are slipping.

Few points re: Pulaski.
Only the northern units face it, and I went during rush hour and you can not hear it inside with the windows closed.

Southern units do not see or hear it, even with windows open.

The Pulaski is being pushed back about 500 feet from it's current location, so 500 feet farther from Canco.

As others have said, the amenities are amazing. Not something that can be discounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Canco Lofts Condominiums-cimg0044.jpg   Canco Lofts Condominiums-cimg0027.jpg   Canco Lofts Condominiums-cimg0058.jpg   Canco Lofts Condominiums-cimg0110.jpg   Canco Lofts Condominiums-cimg0022.jpg  

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey