Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:53 PM

17 posts, read 68,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen cat View Post
Its mainly twinkies such as yourself that talk the way you do. The states and federal govt don't recognize you and neither do I. My tribes already recognized. We never had to prove our ndness unlike you pretendians. WE have are culture, we don't have to read about it. Thats why you get all your info from a book. By the way my geneologist was my grandparents and theirs was there grandparents. So wheres your language, songs and dances, tribal customs? oh wait you don't have any. Your applying to get yours. Why don't you hire a university professor to tell you how to be ndn. My four your old has more knowledge bein ndn than all your people combined.
Oh wow.. i guess you told me.. Wanna talk facts? let's do it.. 1. I still live in my homeland .. you do not .. you turned tail and ran west. 2. I know my heritage. My genealogy go back to the 1600's..and i have documents to prove it. I bet you can't get past the Dawes rolls of the 1900's. I do not need the federal government to tell me what i am.. you act like it's a good thing. Do you know the original purpose of federal recognition? assimilation! You give your land to trust to the government and basically give up your rights to own land. I've been to many reservations and there is not one I would want to live on. How can the government decide who is and isn't Native American? (like how they give it and take it at their whim?) Indians decide! We are because we say we are. So do the Munsee Delaware, the Brothertowns and others say so. So enjoy that Recognition and see what it gets you, "Indian apple" and you know what i mean by that.. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,028 times
If you would so incline, please please look at all the info regarding our tribe. If you even took one second of your minimal existance toinform your self instead of continuing the hatred and discrimination of my people, you may just realize what you are contributing too. There are laws that persicute people for slander and bigotry so before you speakof what you do not know educate yourself first so as we may have a somwewhat intelligent conversation. Out of respect for your people ill hold my text.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloudRising View Post
Dear EEPNJ,

I Just wanted to let you know that you have no idea what you are talking about, and most of you don't. We have never defined ourselves as black, because we are not black, never have been nor will we ever be "black". We are bi-racial and tri-racial, and what about that don't you understand? Because all of you people take all your snippets of information from all over the internet, you think that you can just say anything, and it makes it truth or fact, but your all liars and that is a fact and a truth. We do not identify with any group except who we are. Just like your ancestors passed down your history, our's did the same. You may think that we are dump, stupid or whatever, but apparently my ancestors had enough smarts to hid theirselves from the european savages to keep from being murdered like the rest of our people in order to rob their land from them. Is that what bothers you about us, because deep down inside, you know that this is our ancestor's land stolen from them. You all continue to read the rediculous books and believe them. Let me clear up one thing, if you really think that my people do not know who they are or where they came from than there is something wrong with you, not us. Just because we have not given our life history to all of those that have run into the mountains to gauk at us, does not mean that we do not know who we are.
I to am bi-racial and i look like you so why is it you dont clam the black side of you?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,174 times
Default Descendant of wahingtonvile, Orange county Dolsons

I am a desendant of the Dolson's that have and still reside in the Washingtonville region of Orange county. I keep hearing of my Indian heritage but it cannot be proven. To my knowledge I am the oldest great grandson of the late John and Margaret (Earls) Dolson and grandson of the late Marjorie Dolson Orme of Chester, NY. My grandparents frequently mentioned the DeGroats (DeGroots???) inthe area. My grandfather Dorsey Orme (bymarriage) would take me with him to a local dairy farm in the area (I think at the bottom of Gibson Hill Road, or somewhere's nearby) to get his cream for his morning coffee. I don't rememebr who owned the farm. But anyway I would like to piece together more of the history of my great grandparents and the extent of my Indian ancesrty. any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM

38 posts, read 115,972 times
I really never even considered race or lineage or anything about Dave De Groat when I first met him in our BOCES landscaping class. All I knew was that he was funny, smart, creative, had a great big heart, etc. and knew we'd be good friends. I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe in Nyack at some point maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I think he was working for a moving company. I wonder where he is now.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 584 times
My grandmother was from the Mann clan, she was 1 of 13. She had 12 and my mom is the oldest. She was one of the most amazing woman I have ever met in my life. She has hundreds(that's right) of grand and great grandchildren that adored her. We are a very big and close clan. Yes we do "stick around" with the defreese's, and degroats a lot because we are all part of the he same tribe. My grandma had 5 albino siblings, some are still around. Also some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Incredibly musically talented too, all of us are in some way really. We were all poor, very poor. You would have never met harder working people or more devoted to their family in your whole life. My grandpa worked 3 jobs and grandma had 2. My grandma got pregnant with Mom out of wedlock, so I guess those rumors about my family are true, gasp! My grandpa saw her, unwed mom of 3 by the time i.e he met her and fell in love because of how wonderful she was. He adopted her children and married her. His family was well off in Germany and came to vsist. They did not approve of my grandmother because she was poor and "colored, she's "trash". They told him to leave her or he would not get his inheritance. He told them he loved her and they never visited again. They stayed poor. They were married 60+ years before Grandpa died. I never saw them unhappy a day in my life. My mom has lots of stories of her running around the mountains with her siblings and cousins day and night but they knew better then to get into trouble. For the people that say we don't deserve our native credit, I looked up and found my great great grandma on ancestry and found a picture of her that matched the manyany stories I had heard about her loving up in the mountains all her like 100% native and always smoked tabacco out of a corn cob pipe. There was picture of her smoking a corn cob pipe bear foot just like I'd always heard, the most strongly featured native American woman I had ever seen. Great great grandma. Oh we also have amazingly strong and long thick hair in my family. Matched with incredibly beautiful tan skin and light colored blue or green eyes. Some of the most striking people I've ever seen because of such a beautiful skin and eye contrast. Believe what you all want about us "Jack's and whites" or whatever it is you call us. We just keep to ourselves and mostly all of us go to church and are involved in the church in some way. We'd do anything for anyone but yeah just like most familes don't cross our family or trespass on our property. I feel like that is just natural. By the way, we ARE now a federally recognized native American tribe. Really is crazy reading all these insane legends, we are really just poor wpuntain people. Go pick on someone else, do we really care about being tritacial this day and age? I don't at all. I'm proud of my family, good bad or indifferent. At least we're real.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:50 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Interesting family history, thanks for sharing. I bet it's been great to be able to find info on Ancestry

To be fair, however, the "Go pick on someone else" jab is pretty unwarranted, given that you are the one who felt compelled to dig out and revive a conversation that died more than six years ago. If you'd actually read through the thread, you'd have found that the people who had negative things to say about the Ramapough were in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey