Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 PM

30 posts, read 109,882 times

Advertisements

Hello, fellow New Jerseyians:

In case you haven't heard, our fearless leader Governor Kiss Butt has quashed the legislative committee on Property Tax reform. That's right, he issued a letter yesterday stating that all recommendations are hereby dismissed and that teachers and state workers will not receive any changes to their pay structure, healthcare benefits, or pensions.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to the Governor's office today.

"Dear Mr. Corzine:

On behalf of the Citizens of New Jersey, I would like to express my utter disgust with your recent actions regarding proposed property tax relief and State employee pension and health care reform.

You have spent the last year touting your convictions to lower property taxes and reform ethics and state government, yet, under pressure from the NJEA and other State employee unions, you, as every other politician in this state, fail to follow through with your promises to reform "business as usual" in this state.

The committee appointed to reform property taxes, which you demanded be formed to review the issues, is not left without a way to reduce taxes. Why? Because you quashed the very proposals they recommended to require state employees to pay into their health care like every other hard working New Jerseyian, not have multiple jobs and multiple pensions, and on and on the list goes.

You have failed the people of New Jersey. You are not fit to act as a public servant and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. While millions of New Jersey residents work 40, 50, 60, 80, 100 hours a week just to pay their bills, keep their homes, and provide for their families, you continue to place another anvil on their back to try and carry. The property taxes in this state have exceeded any and all realm of reality. I understand that you are a millionnaire and these tax cuts don't really affect you one way or another, but for those people making $30,000.00, $50,000.00, or even $100,000.00 a year and are trying to buy a house, raise a family, or save for retirement are losing the battle that you and those before you have put before us/them.

It is truly unfortunately that you have let so many people down today. It is unfortunate that you continue to tout over how much better you are than the next guy and how you will bring a new face to New Jersey politics. You are just one piece of this rancid pie that should be thrown out with the rest of it.

What I find so appauling is that you find it necessary to continue kissing the posterior of the NJEA. God forbid these people who work 22 weeks out of the year should have to pay a portion of their salary to health insurance like the rest of us. You as the governor should be publicly denouncing the NJEA for allowing teachers to take off work (consequently causing some school districts to close, leaving thousands of parents only a few days to arrange day care for their children or force them to take off work right before the holidays) to protest. Especially since in a week, they will be off from school and could protest then. But instead of doing the right thing, you bend to their will.

Very unfortunate. I hope you know how far back you have pushed the process today."

It is absolutely time to start a campaign to IMPEACH this lying, self-serving, poor excuse for a public servant!

Any ideas? Anybody with connections to get the process started. I have people who will sign the petition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 PM

68 posts, read 194,993 times
Great letter!! Corzine is a complete waste. Bravo!!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:00 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Well, I don't know about the Property Tax Reform bill, but the pay structure, benefits, and pensions for state workers are ridiculous. Many are overpaid. I have a coworker whose husband works in the boiler room in a school. The boiler room is manned 24/7. For 2.5 months out of the year, it isn't even turned on, so this guy and his coworkers just sit around, watch TV, read, sometimes don't even bother to come in. But they still get paid. Last year, I applied for a county job, was hired (I ended up turning it down at the last minute), and I was given a choice between about TEN different health insurance carriers. It was ridiculous! My current job has 1 carrier, 2 plans. I can't say yet if Corzine is good or not, but I am also really glad he elimated Black Friday as a holiday for state employees, effective 2007. That is ridiculous they get a paid day off, for no reason. It's not a holiday. I wish election day were not a paid holiday either. No one needs the whole day off for election day, and the times when state workers manned the poles are long gone.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:26 PM

31 posts, read 139,112 times
Default :(

Gov. (Flammable) "Terpentine" by any other name who "torches" the hopes and any remaining dreams of honest very hard working citizens of New Jersey.

New Jersey should be renamed to "New Jerky" as their politicians finds "New" ways to "Jerk" it's population/residents around financially and otherwise to help their re-election hopes as well as to line their own pockets by kissing the butt of lobbyists and special interest groups. Example: If I'm not mistaken (and I can be stood corrected) I heard that the NJ Turnpike/Parkway authority wants to buy the PA Turnpike which the PA state government is considering selling to private indentities - so where does this $$$ come from and who'll pay even more/higher tolls on our roads to pay for this if this takes place? Answer: Us hard working NJ citizens that's who.

I really feel for the ones and or families struggling to make even a simple life in this state, hence my wanting to leave myself (as a middle 40's single man) to relocate within the neighboring states of either PA or CT as I haven't made my mind up where yet. Even to rent an apartment in this state which takes too high a percentage of a monthly take home pay of the "REAL" average "JOE" earning between $30-$40K/year - and this by no means living lavishly, not even close.

I rated all of the posts prior to mine positively

Last edited by njnomore; 12-08-2006 at 05:39 PM..

Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 AM

145 posts, read 849,561 times
Default New Jerky

This letter is Priceless!

I think we should send this letter to Jim Gearhardt on 101.5 to read .
They have a huge audience.

Remember the phrase "Taxation without representation"?

We are living in NC now, but still own a place in NJ.
We have met many who have escaped the "both hands in my back
pocket state"

Old 12-09-2006, 06:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv View Post
This letter is Priceless!

I think we should send this letter to Jim Gearhardt on 101.5 to read .
They have a huge audience.

Remember the phrase "Taxation without representation"?

We are living in NC now, but still own a place in NJ.
We have met many who have escaped the "both hands in my back
pocket state"
oh I AGREE!!!!! the Jersey boys hit it on the head even about the schools the other day, has alot to be desired as everything gets cut and it all on us taxpayers in the end.....this is why property taxes WILL NEVER go down...

We to are looking in NC...hoping it is the right move...

Old 12-09-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
oh I AGREE!!!!! the Jersey boys hit it on the head even about the schools the other day, has alot to be desired as everything gets cut and it all on us taxpayers in the end.....this is why property taxes WILL NEVER go down...

We to are looking in NC...hoping it is the right move...
and Yes you should send that Letter to 101.5..Now I dont really care for the jersey boys so let me correct myself, they did this whole thing on property taxes and that more and more people and families are leaving the state and how can no one in the administration even see this. This particular topic and the school topic I agree with but that is about the only thing..lol .. they dont care they are going to Tax all of us right out of our homes...what a shame...

Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 AM

145 posts, read 849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
and Yes you should send that Letter to 101.5..Now I dont really care for the jersey boys so let me correct myself, they did this whole thing on property taxes and that more and more people and families are leaving the state and how can no one in the administration even see this. This particular topic and the school topic I agree with but that is about the only thing..lol .. they dont care they are going to Tax all of us right out of our homes...what a shame...

You will not be sorry about that move.
Except for missing family, we should have done this sooner!

There is a concern that people are leaving the state, and taking our money with us.
We did not want to worry about our quality of life in our "golden years"
Our money will go alot further here.
Good luck with your search!

Old 12-10-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv View Post
You will not be sorry about that move.
Except for missing family, we should have done this sooner!

There is a concern that people are leaving the state, and taking our money with us.
We did not want to worry about our quality of life in our "golden years"
Our money will go alot further here.
Good luck with your search!
Thanks Patti and you too...I have to say its just a shame that is all....and yes my realtor in NC has recieved 2 calls last week from people here iN jackson where I live that are looking to move...more and more times I see in our MLS for realtors Owners motivated house vacant owners Relocated....most of the time they have relocated out of new jersey not into a bigger home..

Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM

64 posts, read 289,548 times
NJmomof2 We are in the same situation high cost of everything in NJ. We are looking into SC. The only thing that I will miss is family and friends. Have two boys, and praying that everything falls into place and we hope Hope your plans work for you. What area of NC you looking at?

Last edited by nancys1108; 12-10-2006 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: forgot a sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey