Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:37 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i'm aware of the word, thanks. if you think ANY politician has integrity by the way you define it, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

who in washington or any state is completely clean? i'm interested in your thoughts - and how can you be so sure?

i choose to pick my battles - what goes on between a husband and wife is none of my business, unless they of course use it as a platform and get caught later.
But it is our business when they choose to work in the public sector... especially politicians. If they can cheat on the one person who is supposed to be the most important person to them what makes you think we, the people, can trust you? The only reason they spoke up is because they knew we would find out sooner or later. Perhaps we need a few good woman in office - we can keep it zipped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm king of curious with the McGreevy threesome. Now try to envision this.Is he going with his male driver and the wife is watching. Or is the driver banging his wife and he's pleasuring himself. Or are both of them doing the wife. Or is he and the wife jumping the driver. I don't know I'm getting confused because with McGreevy and the dippo wife I guess anything goes. Go figure, these are our leaders?
In the case of McGreevey, he appointed a man by the name of Golen Cipel to the 5th highest paying job on the state payroll, (Homeland Security) with zero experience. This is another example of lack of character traversing one's personal life and impacting the state taxpayers, because he lacked similar character. Never lose sight of that. McGreevey could have survived politically in a socially liberal state such as NJ if he was merely gay. He did not quit because he was gay, he quit because he lacked necessary character to be a governor. That's the problem I have with this philander Paterson taking over in NY. Pattern of behavior. His personal transgressions are a mark of his character, or lack thereof. People who have been exposed as such are more prone to bad decision making in public office, and some day, when lives are lost as a result, maybe, just maybe, people will stop using the "private business" mantra to excuse a politicians behavior, because someone believes in the political philosophy or ideology of the holder of that political office. Evidently now, it is excusable now to look the other way when one appoints a neophyte to a 145k a year job, or another one is having various trysts, paying 5000 a pop, when a good deal of that money is salary drawn from the taxpayers. It's your money, and it's your government, and most people are more interested in watching The Price Is Right or American Idol than critically examining how these 'leaders' are pissing your money away through nefarious means, because of their lack of character, and by extension, their lack of judgment.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm king of curious with the McGreevy threesome. Now try to envision this.Is he going with his male driver and the wife is watching. Or is the driver banging his wife and he's pleasuring himself. Or are both of them doing the wife. Or is he and the wife jumping the driver. I don't know I'm getting confused because with McGreevy and the dippo wife I guess anything goes. Go figure, these are our leaders?
from what I know of mcgreevy, it was him and the driver, he used the driver to rev up his engines so he could perform with dina
was the driver doing dina?? it's possible but I think she really wasn't interested in him.
remember jimbos first wife split real quick and moved to british columbia so as to be as far from him as possible, maybe jimbos threesomes disgusted her and that is why she moved as far as she possibly could from him.
Jimbos predilections were well known around woodbridge but our liberal media chose to give him a pass and not bring his preferences out, back in a mayoral race in '95 I was involved in we published jimbos city owned car in front of a gay bookstore in NYC and we were roundly bashed by the media for playing dirty.
maybe if the media wasn't so biased and reported the facts and let the chips fall where they may NJ might have been spared the embarrassment of this deviant being elected governor

Old 03-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
In the case of McGreevey, he appointed a man by the name of Golen Cipel to the 5th highest paying job on the state payroll, (Homeland Security) with zero experience. This is another example of lack of character traversing one's personal life and impacting the state taxpayers, because he lacked similar character. Never lose sight of that. McGreevey could have survived politically in a socially liberal state such as NJ if he was merely gay. He did not quit because he was gay, he quit because he lacked necessary character to be a governor. That's the problem I have with this philander Paterson taking over in NY. Pattern of behavior. His personal transgressions are a mark of his character, or lack thereof. People who have been exposed as such are more prone to bad decision making in public office, and some day, when lives are lost as a result, maybe, just maybe, people will stop using the "private business" mantra to excuse a politicians behavior, because someone believes in the political philosophy or ideology of the holder of that political office. Evidently now, it is excusable now to look the other way when one appoints a neophyte to a 145k a year job, or another one is having various trysts, paying 5000 a pop, when a good deal of that money is salary drawn from the taxpayers. It's your money, and it's your government, and most people are more interested in watching The Price Is Right or American Idol than critically examining how these 'leaders' are pissing your money away through nefarious means, because of their lack of character, and by extension, their lack of judgment.
bingo another guy who gets it. too bad all the smart ones have left or are leaving NJ!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
But it is our business when they choose to work in the public sector... especially politicians. If they can cheat on the one person who is supposed to be the most important person to them what makes you think we, the people, can trust you? The only reason they spoke up is because they knew we would find out sooner or later. Perhaps we need a few good woman in office - we can keep it zipped!
you have a good grasp on things, if a person has integrity he/she has it regardless of being in the public/private workforce and integrity doesn't shut down at the end of the workday, it extends to their private lives also. Integrity, either you have it or you don't.
while woman may seem to be able to "keep it zipped" they are not immune from not having any integrity, see hillary

Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
one thing you missed was that cipel was a lover of jimbos, so while spitzer was paying for hookers, jimbo used the public treasury to pay for his trysts by putting his boy on the payroll, same crime, different methods of payment

Old 03-18-2008, 04:03 PM

323 posts, read 575,461 times
me personally could careless who is doing who ,the politicians know Americans thrive on this kinda stuff and preoccupy our minds with thier trists .

while the country sinks deeper into oblivion

Old 03-18-2008, 04:09 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
you have a good grasp on things, if a person has integrity he/she has it regardless of being in the public/private workforce and integrity doesn't shut down at the end of the workday, it extends to their private lives also. Integrity, either you have it or you don't.
while woman may seem to be able to "keep it zipped" they are not immune from not having any integrity, see hillary
If truth be told, Patterson's wife cheated on him first so he cheated to get back at her. So yes, woman too can lack integrity. But men have been cheating since the days of cavemen and it use to be socially acceptable - not discussed just accepted. What happen to that rumor about bush cheating on his wife? The story disappeared the same day it was reported? Was it true and covered up? And what about Prince Charles and his affair with one of the male staff workers at the "palace"? We know about "Comeinandparkyourballs" - his new wife but what about his boyfriend? I think dems are too eager to confess their sins whereas repubs find a way to turn our attention to something of greater importance like gas prices : ))))

Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
you are way too cynical, there are many good people who hold elective office, integrity is an important and unfortunately an increasing rare trait.
People in NJ have a track record of electing people whom have little integrity, mcgreevy, toricelli, menedez, sharp james, florio, byrne, and many others who proved by their acts how little they care about being honest and ethical.
People like clinton, spitzer, mcgreevy are just sexual deviants and are guilty of abusing the trust placed in them by the public. if they cannot get their private lives straight, what makes people think they are qualified to be in leadership positions?
and some people dismiss these guys lack of integrity way too easily and maybe that is one reason for the many messed we have to deal with here in NJ
what is the difference between ted kennedy's gal and sptizter's gal?
spitzers gal stayed away from bridges

i see - does your ire extend to guiliani for instance, or is only reserved for those on the other side of the political aisle?

and calling ME cynical? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 03-18-2008, 04:19 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
i agree with this - this post became (as usual) a dem bashing when it was originally posted as a guy who cheated on his wife. it somehow extended to obama and hillary.

there's just a lot of hypocritical crap being tossed around here. if i were to name a bunch of repubs with the same behavior, excuses would be flying as to why it's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey