Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Most people saying this will NOT leave, it sounds good but the reality of selling, finding new job, uprooting kids, leaving family and friends wins out, just like all the celebs who said if Trump won they were leaving the USA, guess what they are still here.

Easier said then done
People do leave, over time. Why do you think state populations grow and shrink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 11:13 AM

252 posts, read 459,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Mostly due to many other factors. No one leaves the right next day after an election. It's just talking.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:16 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,929,742 times
I'm sure there are many New Yorkers willing to take the chance of living in New Jersey.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 AM

22 posts, read 42,853 times
Quote:
I'm sure there are many New Yorkers willing to take the chance of living in New Jersey.

and move to Millburn. i hear it has a walkable downtown.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Actually here in SW NJ I've been seeing an increase in NY plates as well as met some that told me they moved down to this part of the state from Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Rockland counties. Also some from the NYC market area of NJ.

I think that trend within the current NJ residents moving to SW NJ from the NYC market area of NJ will increase so to try to save some money and still be within a few hour drive at most from where they came from.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
Mostly due to many other factors. No one leaves the right next day after an election. It's just talking.
Who says people leave the next day? You made that up. Read what I said again.

Also, those “many factors” you speak of consists mostly of major things like taxes, cost of living and economy. So yes, political changes affect all of those things and thus will affect the movement of people in and out of a state, over time. Obviously nothing happens over night. No one is dumb enough to think that. Only you did.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Who says people leave the next day? You made that up. Read what I said again.

Also, those “many factors” you speak of consists mostly of major things like taxes, cost of living and economy. So yes, political changes affect all of those things and thus will affect the movement of people in and out of a state, over time. Obviously nothing happens over night. No one is dumb enough to think that. Only you did.
The economy is the biggest reason for people to move not a particular politician. That's what most people are trying to get it across.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:44 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
The economy is the biggest reason for people to move not a particular politician. That's what most people are trying to get it across.
Aren't particular politicians the reason for economies (good or bad) in most states?

Like what was previously said, nobody is leaving overnight because Murphy was elected. Most people, myself included, will probably see where things go over the next two or three years and make a decision then.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:08 PM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Of course overtime they do, just as people who move in.
Retirees and people who can easily get a job transfer will be the ones to go for now.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Of course overtime they do, just as people who move in.
Retirees and people who can easily get a job transfer will be the ones to go for now.
The housing market meltdown and the depression came because of Obama I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey