Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:10 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
You know, I was just wondering, with all the talk about property taxes, budget cuts, cost of living and mass exodus from NJ, Why are we contemplating leaving? Shouldn't we stay and fight for our rights to live where we do? We, as voters have the choice to elect NEW officials that will work for the PEOPLE, I'm tired of politics as usual, I may not agree with the budget cuts that Corzine is proposing, especially since a lot of small towns will be affected tremendously by the aid cuts, and altough unpopular it's the right course of action, we're mortgaging our futures and the futures of our children if we don't change our spending, simply put we can't keep on spending money we don't have, think about it, that's what's happening in the housing market. I urge my fellow citizens to vote and have your opinion count. I personally love our state of NJ, no other state offers you so much diversity and options, not only do we have suburbian living with open spaces but we also have NYC to the north, philly to central jersey and Baltimore to the south. I know it's qute popular at the moment to bash our state, but let me tell you, no where else will you find so many different types of cultures, do you think they celebrate St. Patty's day like we do around here let's say in Mississippi? or how about the feast of St. Genaro? I never heard of it been celebrated in Kentucky either.

Perhaps is the rainy day that has me pissed off at the moment, but hey, is jersey after all and we have an attitude so they say, all I can say in return is..."hey, you got a problem with that?"
You are a dreamer. But a good dreamer. Vote? Why? Year after year after year people vote for trash like Whitman, Kean, McGreevey, Florio and Corslime and look what you get. Look !!! Have you accomplished anything?

Ok you did.
Corslime has your taxes higher then any place on earth.
McCreepy disgraced your state with his immoral acts.
Kean made sure your teachers are the highest paid on earth.
And good ol Cristy. The hearings on misleading the people on her EPA antics.
Florio???? Yikes !!! What garbage. Nothing even need be said.

Fairleigh Dickenson University PublicMind poll ranks Christie Whitman as worst governor of New Jersey; Jim Florio ranks second-worst of all time. How's your voting skills? Did your vote count or make a difference? You seemed to think so when you believed their speech and went out and voted for them. But like all voters who chant and march and say hooray for their candidate, within a few months they realize what a terrible mistake they made. Their hero let them down. Oops.......they must have lied to us. They must have lied and said anything the people want to hear just to get votes. Oh no they must be crooked. Kinda like..............not honest.

After all......why would anyone spend millions of dollars to campaign for a job that pays $157,000 a year? Sorta like Obama Salami spending $100,000,000 to win a job that only pays $400,000. Could there be more to the job? Like some corrupt payoffs perhaps? Yea...that auta make the job worth the investment, the payoffs.

Realize these clowns are not on your and mine side. I know you will not change your mind. You will continue to say hooray for your side even though they have double crossed you time and time and time again.

Where to you think all those property taxes you are paying go? Do you really really really think NJ can not run on 5 million homes times an average of $5500 each property taxes? Do that math. One might think with the property taxes you pay......well NJ alone can run the federal govt payroll without the rest of the states paying one thin dime.

As far as NJ being nicer then the other states? Maybe just 4 others. But that is not the point. It is home and most people want to stay but can no longer afford it.

Vote to make a change? Yea and I just hit the pick 6 on the past 10 consecutive nights. What those of you who are left need to do is organize a militia and take over your corrupt govt. Those to whom evil is done/Do evil in return.

But the problem here is we do not have time to fight back. We are all busy working 2 jobs just to make ends meet......and failing. In the 60s we marched, ranted, and carried signs saying hooray for our side....and the govt listened. They were afraid of us. Today we are afraid of the govt. They rule and we are just peons.

I am on your side Alex but you would not see me at the voting booth, even at gun point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:10 AM

531 posts, read 2,149,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Tahiti has seen the light. Watch out Mike,Bob Kovacs,Emissary,St.Marten,Diane,Colleen and the other 1,000 that left and post. Tahiti have you taken your medication today. If you leave and turn off the lights it will be very dark here. Tahiti WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, it's only a bad dream. I can't see you running down in to the basement for the tornado warnings.
I think tahiti took the red pill.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
LOL! Aw, your poor dad.
Oh but Alex it gets worse! He wanted to sue them for old age discrimination and no lawyer would take on his case against walmart so he took matters into his own hands! He went missing for 3 days - we couldn't find him anywhere... turns out his was in prison..lol : )) Decided to get even with Walmart by stealing baseball cards! Got caught and we found him in the local jail - had to bail him out! Gotta love them old Irish guys from Brooklyn! he's not allowed in any Walmart ever again.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
No way, I'm outta here. I'm selling my tiny 1 bedroom shack here for $850K with $35K yearly tax bill, and I'm going to <insert fashionable state here> and buying a 7500 sq ft mansion on .15 acres with brick on all 4 sides for $125K and yearly taxes of $800. Because really, isn't that what it's all about?
See????? I told ya. You are of course only slightly exaggerating here but your point is well made. Not long ago you questioned me on the very subject you joke of here. Now you see.

Just a quick example of my own property tax scenario:

1994 Budd Lake, NJ 650 sqft home (yes I said 650 sqft) cost me $3400/yr
Today Zillow says the new owners pay $5600/yr

Today my 1540 sqft home in Las Vegas on a quater acre I pay $853/yr.
My 1220 sqft home on the water with bulkhead, pier and boathouse on 5/8th of an acre in Texas costs me (Im guessing a little bit because the home is not complete and I only have an estimate) about $1800/yr. When it was just a raw 5/8th acre my property taxes were less then $22/yr.

How can other states run on less money? What are they doing with all of your hard earned money? Any ideas? I bet I know...................

Old 03-19-2008, 09:25 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Oh but Alex it gets worse! He wanted to sue them for old age discrimination and no lawyer would take on his case against walmart so he took matters into his own hands! He went missing for 3 days - we couldn't find him anywhere... turns out his was in prison..lol : )) Decided to get even with Walmart by stealing baseball cards! Got caught and we found him in the local jail - had to bail him out! Gotta love them old Irish guys from Brooklyn! he's not allowed in any Walmart ever again.
do you think getting revenge that way was a smart thing to do? why didn't he call someone when he was processed into the system? there was no reason to sit in the can on a shoplifting charge

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
do you think getting revenge that way was a smart thing to do? why didn't he call someone when he was processed into the system? there was no reason to sit in the can on a shoplifting charge
Apparently it was his 3rd offense : ) He's in his 80's so I'm sure he had no idea what he needed to do. Said he tried to give one of the guards $100 to call one of us. Guess he learned his lesson though : ))

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You are a dreamer. But a good dreamer. Vote? Why? Year after year after year people vote for trash like Whitman, Kean, McGreevey, Florio and Corslime and look what you get. Look !!! Have you accomplished anything?

Ok you did.
Corslime has your taxes higher then any place on earth.
McCreepy disgraced your state with his immoral acts.
Kean made sure your teachers are the highest paid on earth.
And good ol Cristy. The hearings on misleading the people on her EPA antics.
Florio???? Yikes !!! What garbage. Nothing even need be said.

Fairleigh Dickenson University PublicMind poll ranks Christie Whitman as worst governor of New Jersey; Jim Florio ranks second-worst of all time. How's your voting skills? Did your vote count or make a difference? You seemed to think so when you believed their speech and went out and voted for them. But like all voters who chant and march and say hooray for their candidate, within a few months they realize what a terrible mistake they made. Their hero let them down. Oops.......they must have lied to us. They must have lied and said anything the people want to hear just to get votes. Oh no they must be crooked. Kinda like..............not honest.

After all......why would anyone spend millions of dollars to campaign for a job that pays $157,000 a year? Sorta like Obama Salami spending $100,000,000 to win a job that only pays $400,000. Could there be more to the job? Like some corrupt payoffs perhaps? Yea...that auta make the job worth the investment, the payoffs.

Realize these clowns are not on your and mine side. I know you will not change your mind. You will continue to say hooray for your side even though they have double crossed you time and time and time again.

Where to you think all those property taxes you are paying go? Do you really really really think NJ can not run on 5 million homes times an average of $5500 each property taxes? Do that math. One might think with the property taxes you pay......well NJ alone can run the federal govt payroll without the rest of the states paying one thin dime.

As far as NJ being nicer then the other states? Maybe just 4 others. But that is not the point. It is home and most people want to stay but can no longer afford it.

Vote to make a change? Yea and I just hit the pick 6 on the past 10 consecutive nights. What those of you who are left need to do is organize a militia and take over your corrupt govt. Those to whom evil is done/Do evil in return.

But the problem here is we do not have time to fight back. We are all busy working 2 jobs just to make ends meet......and failing. In the 60s we marched, ranted, and carried signs saying hooray for our side....and the govt listened. They were afraid of us. Today we are afraid of the govt. They rule and we are just peons.

I am on your side Alex but you would not see me at the voting booth, even at gun point.

I hear some of your points, however to not do anything is worse. I may be a dreamer but at some point we have to take action. And if I remember correctly (and you can correct me if I'm wrong, forgive me it's been a while since I left school) this country was founded because our founding fathers had enough w/ the Taxation w/o representation. Now we may be represented, but not very well represented. Also, I never voted for any of the clowns that you have mentioned.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I hear some of your points, however to not do anything is worse. I may be a dreamer but at some point we have to take action. And if I remember correctly (and you can correct me if I'm wrong, forgive me it's been a while since I left school) this country was founded because our founding fathers had enough w/ the Taxation w/o representation. Now we may be represented, but not very well represented. Also, I never voted for any of the clowns that you have mentioned.
None of them? I am ashamed to say I voted for Whitman in 1993. However, I was too young to vote for what I think was the worst governor, Brendan Byrne, in 1977.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
None of them? I am ashamed to say I voted for Whitman in 1993. However, I was too young to vote for what I think was the worst governor, Brendan Byrne, in 1977.
how bad could he have been? he gave us income taxes <sarcasm>
we named an arena and a state forest after him, the state employee unions loved him too!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
for some people, yes that's what it is about!
maybe it isn't for everyone but who elected anyone to be the arbiter of what is good and bad?
People should be concerned with the issues in their lives and let others deal with their issues how they see fit.
For some a 5k sq foot house in the boonies is nirvana others cannot see leaving the NY/NJ area regardless of the costs, both monetary and emotionally. Bottom line, one size does not fit all and live and let live

please, do me a favor, and at least for today, don't respond to my posts. the means it's a joke. believe it or not, i've been around enough to know "one size does not fit all".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey