U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
 
1,796 posts, read 3,602,434 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Tahiti has seen the light. Watch out Mike,Bob Kovacs,Emissary,St.Marten,Diane,Colleen and the other 1,000 that left and post. Tahiti have you taken your medication today. If you leave and turn off the lights it will be very dark here. Tahiti WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, it's only a bad dream. I can't see you running down in to the basement for the tornado warnings.
We're coming back to New Jersey!!!!









......to visit for the Easter holidays. And we're stopping in Ocean County, at JERSEY MAN's house, so I can throw a brightly-colored Easter egg at his head, one that has been laid by low-tax-payin' SOUTHERN chickens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:58 PM
 
Location: NJ
11,384 posts, read 19,033,760 times
Reputation: 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
We're coming back to New Jersey!!!!

have a safe trip st.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:43 PM
 
1,796 posts, read 3,602,434 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
have a safe trip st.!
Thanks T! I hope I don't get run out of the state, what with my NC license plates and all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Ocean County
3,601 posts, read 5,264,065 times
Reputation: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Thanks T! I hope I don't get run out of the state, what with my NC license plates and all....
I'm waiting for ya. And we have the new cell phone law. I have to get my quota in and the month is almost coming to a close. So it's better to get the traitors than the locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
 
Location: West Cardassia, NC
2,499 posts, read 3,597,711 times
Reputation: 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Thanks T! I hope I don't get run out of the state, what with my NC license plates and all....
stmaarten - Remember last year on WBTV (our CBS station down here) did a story about how many illegals get NC drivers licenses and go back to NJ? Don't drive around Dover (where they filmed all of those NC plates)! Just visit the old haunts in Sparta and leave. I wouldn't want to lose you in a raid! And don't forget the 20 pounds of Taylor Ham and the trunkful of cheaply-priced Thomas' English Muffins! Get plenty of Shoprite and Pathmark circulars so I can continue to defend the ol' supermarkets on the Charlotte Forum. I'll meet you at the corner of Newtown and Providence when you get back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,869 posts, read 5,638,219 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
it's a stressful situation constantly thinking about "is this the right decision?" I have family that already moved to SC and altough the cost of living is less down there, it's not the same. I don't mind grits for breakfast but I still like my toasted bagel w/ cream cheese or a nice slice of pizza....and I don't mean Pizza Hut or Domino's either. and I'm sure the local county fairs are nice down there, but I still like to go into the city and catch a show or go to a game at yankee's stadium against the Red Sucks. I know Friday night lights is a big thing down south but I left high school back in the 80's. As far as voting, I'm going to vote for change and if it doesn't change in the next 4 years, I'll vote again until I get the change that I want.
You are kidding right? County Fairs? Friday Night Fights? No good Pizza? It may be that where they moved but the entire South isn't like that. We have Broadway Plays. We have one of the newest and most popular symphonys in the US. We have Art Museums and many restaurants of all different cultures.
People here are from Every state and Country. We also have non stop music of every kind.
I'm not knocking NJ, just saying other places are not backwoods as your thinking goes. Its growing here as I type. There are 3 High Rise Projects being built downtown and more planned.
Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:00 AM
 
9,496 posts, read 7,819,331 times
Reputation: 3959
Quote:
Diane Giam;3206627].....People here are from Every state and Country. We also have non stop music of every kind. I'm not knocking NJ, just saying other places are not backwoods as your thinking goes. Its growing here as I type. There are 3 High Rise Projects being built downtown and more planned.
Diane G
I wouldn't pump it up too much. It might pay to keep the negative stereotypes alive if you want to maintain your quaility of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:03 AM
 
1,796 posts, read 3,602,434 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
stmaarten - Remember last year on WBTV (our CBS station down here) did a story about how many illegals get NC drivers licenses and go back to NJ? Don't drive around Dover (where they filmed all of those NC plates)! Just visit the old haunts in Sparta and leave. I wouldn't want to lose you in a raid! And don't forget the 20 pounds of Taylor Ham and the trunkful of cheaply-priced Thomas' English Muffins! Get plenty of Shoprite and Pathmark circulars so I can continue to defend the ol' supermarkets on the Charlotte Forum. I'll meet you at the corner of Newtown and Providence when you get back!
Will do, Emissary. Just keep those Southerners inline until I get back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:53 AM
 
9,125 posts, read 21,544,853 times
Reputation: 3269
If you feel the roofs shaking on Monday morning, it's because I'm heading back to NJ as well.














Don't get too excited- I'll be in on Monday morning, and gone on Tuesday morning Just heading in to go over a project and then heading back to Atlanta........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Ocean County
3,601 posts, read 5,264,065 times
Reputation: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
If you feel the roofs shaking on Monday morning, it's because I'm heading back to NJ as well.












Don't get too excited- I'll be in on Monday morning, and gone on Tuesday morning Just heading in to go over a project and then heading back to Atlanta........
Wow looky here. It looks like i'll be able to get in my yearly quota in,never mind monthly. Welcome home, even though it's for 2 days. Tahiti, Kate- Lets get him at the airport, what time should I pick u gals up. Be ready 7AM sharp!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top