U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:47 AM

7,577 posts, read 15,069,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I am contemplating a home based business as well, Anyone interested in a direct marketing database guru's expertise?....I don't think I have the right attitude to be greeting people at Walmart LOL (see my original post's final paragraph)
Welocme to Walmart jersey style "Yo, the freakin' carts are over there and too bad the wheels are warped - deal with it pal!" My dad was a welcome to walmart guy in Fla. for a while... he got fired for sexual harrassment - he's in his 80's! It wasn't sexual harrassment - it was jersey Humor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM

1,973 posts, read 3,634,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Welocme to Walmart jersey style "Yo, the freakin' carts are over there and too bad the wheels are warped - deal with it pal!" My dad was a welcome to walmart guy in Fla. for a while... he got fired for sexual harrassment - he's in his 80's! It wasn't sexual harrassment - it was jersey Humor!

Let me guess...."Hey there young hot lady, if you cook the way you walk, let me be your pizza, and oh yes, cosmetics are on isle 5"

Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Isn't that the platform Corzine ran on? "I ran Goldman Sachs, so I can surely run the state" or some such crap. Yeah, how's that working out????
Not that kind of Business leader - not one who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth! Someone who came from nothing and made it! Someone who understands what it's like to be a little person... a working class person who had to deal with the stresses of figuring out how to pay the bills... keep a roof over your kids heads! That kind of leader! One of us : )

Old 03-19-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Let me guess...."Hey there young hot lady, if you cook the way you walk, let me be your pizza, and oh yes, cosmetics are on isle 5"
LOL - pretty close Alex : )) Actually, it was raining pretty hard that day and a woman who worked there came in soaking wet and said she had to go and change - my dad said "don't worry about it, we're having a wet t-shirt contest in a few hours so you'll be fine!"...FIRED!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 AM

2,689 posts, read 465,385 times
Quote:
new jersey humor works in new jersey, here in FLA most of them don't get it. I can't count how many times I've said things that zoom right over the locals heads, and it's really funny when a few minutes later they chuckle after they finally got it. it's just part of the fun, things are different here, it ain't new jersey!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

11,044 posts, read 15,799,934 times
Quote:
Isn't that the platform Corzine ran on? "I ran Goldman Sachs, so I can surely run the state" or some such crap. Yeah, how's that working out????

Not a fan of Corzine, but let's be fair he DID NOT create the mess we are in!!
It's going to be painful to pull us out of it even if you had Mother Teresa running the state.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Little cranky today??

Old 03-19-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
As long as those shopping carts don't HIT anyone....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 AM
EB2

1,919 posts, read 3,895,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I have NO plans on ever leaving here entirely.

Maybe a nice little condo somewhere down south for the WINTER after we retire.
But I'm also mulling renting in the winter that way I won't be locked into the same place every year.

I enjoy living in the same community for years...I like when I go to the bank, pharmacy et al they know me by name

With the exception of 1 brother who lives in Colorado and 1 son who lives in godforsaken Atlanta all my family & my husbands family are here

Just plan on down sizing as we don't need the house we have been in for decades..kids are out on their own.

Sure I hate the taxes BUT all these people that are fleeing south sooner or later they are going to have to raise taxes down there as well..the more services needed the more taxes needed...it finally happened in FL....maybe not to the degree here but it isn't cheap living in Fl any more.

I LOVE JERSEY!!!
Definitely well said!! I'd give you reps, but I can't .

And you're right, FL isn't cheap anymore. I heard property tax got cut here (I don't pay heaps of attention, as I don't own, so I'm not 100% positive), and rumor has it that it will kick our sales tax up. Heard it's possible that it will go up to 10%, if that's the case That would set us at the highest in the country.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM

2,738 posts, read 6,459,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
As long as those shopping carts don't HIT anyone....
Thats how I got fired from Walmart - I slammed the carts into one too many ankles

And Alex, I'm not going anywhere either. One thing I will say though is that even when you have someone independently wealthy (Gates/Buffet), their only consideration when running for office is generally power. This is why someone would spend a small fortune of their own money on an advertising campaign to get a small chunk back.

That said, that doesn't make them the wrong person for the job. I happen to think Bloomberg has been doing an impeccable job. While I happen to like Donald Trump, the state of NJ can't declare bankruptcy, so his methods likely wouldn't work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey