U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:04 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,756,768 times

Advertisements

Well now that I have seen the light outside of Begen County and Upstate NY all of it , I really am enjoying the 287 corridor. I explored Far Hills and Bridgewater and loved it. FIrst off never went to a Wegmans in my life, OVERWHELMED to say the least. I blew the buget the first four Isles, when your used to little Whole Foods lets just say Wegmans blew my mind!!!

I loved Far HIlls, it remined me of Cape cod for some strange reason thought it was beautiful. Went to Peapack, Harding, Bernardsville and have to say I liked Far Hills the best!!!! Somerset COunty is also beautiful. SO I traveled back to old Green Pond Road to go home and what a great way to spend a weekend!!

I think Morris and Somerset are sooooooooo much nicer than Bergen!!!!! I still am in shock and awe. Love my area, love the new places. Next stop Montville area and try to see some of the Picattiney Arsenal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 02:13 PM

13,106 posts, read 24,880,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Well now that I have seen the light outside of Begen County and Upstate NY all of it , I really am enjoying the 287 corridor. I explored Far Hills and Bridgewater and loved it. FIrst off never went to a Wegmans in my life, OVERWHELMED to say the least. I blew the buget the first four Isles, when your used to little Whole Foods lets just say Wegmans blew my mind!!!

I loved Far HIlls, it remined me of Cape cod for some strange reason thought it was beautiful. Went to Peapack, Harding, Bernardsville and have to say I liked Far Hills the best!!!! Somerset COunty is also beautiful. SO I traveled back to old Green Pond Road to go home and what a great way to spend a weekend!!

I think Morris and Somerset are sooooooooo much nicer than Bergen!!!!! I still am in shock and awe. Love my area, love the new places. Next stop Montville area and try to see some of the Picattiney Arsenal.
You are not going to get on the arsenal unless you have business there
They locked that place down after 9/11 and it has been that way since..my DIL works there

Glad you enjoyed your excursions

Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM

how about going thru the area by lake denmark??? They own that property!

Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 PM

3,269 posts, read 8,925,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post

Wegmans rocks! There was once going to be a Wegmans in East Hanover but the town nixed it. I was upset for days! If you are going to drive around Montville, make sure you do Mountain Lakes as well.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Yes Wegmans was something I was not prepared for. Like I said I broke the budget after only the the fourth isle!! I was completely overwhelmed, I thought it would be like a whole foods, boy this was a big big store with tons of stuff that I have never seen as far as brand names!! OHHH my lord a chef's dream.

I have been to mountain lakes, just never got to montville/pine brook/towaco, I want to go to the fruited plain, its a little store where the lady make homeade stuff. You see I am one thing, I may walk around looking homeless as far as cars and clothes go, but I am a food snob and have become a furniture snob now too!!!! Thanks UKOK,nice to see us getting along.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM

2,753 posts, read 9,591,796 times
That Wegman's is fabulous! Glad you enjoyed it. Take a ride down to Flemington; very quaint area.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:57 PM

30,184 posts, read 67,327,076 times
Wegman's is for Lovers! What happens in Wegman's, stays in Wegman's! I can't get enough of that store here in Wilkes-Barre. Their buffalo chicken pizza with bleu cheese is absolutely delicious!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,456,781 times
I have yet to go to Whole Foods (I don't have one local)...I did, however, go to Wegman's when I was in PA or NC (I'm pretty sure it was PA) on my way back down from NY (Buffalo/Syracuse). It's definitely a nice store, with just about everything food-wise.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,759,606 times
we pass the wegman's in bridgewater everytime we visit my IL's - it's a great store - shame there are none planned anywhere in this area. my kids LOOOOVVVVEEEE it.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:33 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,835,579 times
Im absolutely jealous you have the time to go exploring. I have lived in NJ my entire life and while I am very familiar with just about every town/city along 1&9/TPK from newark to the shore I have ventured very few other places. I commend you.

As for Wegmans, the one we go to in Woodbridge I find to be very closely matched in prices to the other SUPERmarkets in the area. In many cases its much cheaper with better quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or