Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,575,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Willey Does those cleanups, PM her, I like her and would have hired her myself if I had known her before.
Diane G
Thanks D - I wish I had known you then as well - I do my best to make sure I talk to the homeowners - explain the entire process in layman terms and try to keep them calm... it is a very stressful process as you already know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM

5 posts, read 29,842 times
Thank you for the info. It has been quite helpful.

I am so upset with the insurance companies. Dad agreed to have his property tested for the contamination by the neighbor's insurance co. Never thinking that they would start blaming him for the contamination. Then neighbor's insurance co and dad's insurance co pressured my dad to re-surface the tank to find that dad's tank had NO HOLES! He eats up the cost of the re-surfacing then sits in a middle of a fight between insurance companies.

I will not let them get away with it!

Thanks so much everyone.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:57 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,575,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by running_gal View Post
Thank you for the info. It has been quite helpful.

I am so upset with the insurance companies. Dad agreed to have his property tested for the contamination by the neighbor's insurance co. Never thinking that they would start blaming him for the contamination. Then neighbor's insurance co and dad's insurance co pressured my dad to re-surface the tank to find that dad's tank had NO HOLES! He eats up the cost of the re-surfacing then sits in a middle of a fight between insurance companies.

I will not let them get away with it!

Thanks so much everyone.
You are more than welcome running_gal. I wish I had a chance to talk to you before they went on his property - I hope they at least gave him an "Access Agreement". Your Dad was probably thinking he was doing the right thing and now they want to point the finger in his direction so your neighbor's insurance compnay can get out of paying for their insured's obligation! The worst part about a situation like his, it's not the homeowner's fault yet it will put alot of strain on the relationship between the two neighbors because they only know what's what based on what their insurance company's agent is telling them - an when I say agent, I don't mean insurance agent, I mean the people hired by the homeowner's insurance company to represent them - the environmental consultant - they are considered an "Agent". You are a great daughter for helping your dad with this. I really think it will all work out in his favor when all is said and done.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,626,627 times
That sucks, running_gal. But on the bright side, since no holes were found in your dad's tank, he can't be held responsible for the contamination in his neighbor's yard, I would assume. In fact, he might even be able to now get his insurance company to go after his neighbor. Or am I missing something? Regardless, overall a very stressful situation.

As I posted in this thread, I am in the process of buying a home and I found out there is an underground oil tank on the property. I insisted the sellers have it removed before closing, and allow me to have the soil tested. At first they balked; then I said forget the deal, and then the agreed to remove the tank. All of the information I learned on here about supposedly "properly" decommisioned tanks helped me stand firm when everyone was telling me I was being paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey