U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2018, 05:19 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
10,657 posts, read 15,125,811 times
Reputation: 11651

Advertisements

While he has the right to accept the salary, it looks real bad considering the man is a multi millionaire, plus this was said while at a meeting to discuss minimum wage. At least Corzine who was also Goldman Sachs man like Murphy only took $1 per year as a salary.

Sounds like Socialism with a twist of capitalism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Gov. Phil Murphy, a multimillionaire former Goldman Sachs executive, said Wednesday that he will accept the full $175,000 salary that comes with the governor’s job.

Murphy said he would take “a salary” during a roundtable event in Newark on the minimum wage and paid sick leave. Pressed by reporters for more specifics, Murphy said he would indeed take the full pay.

Phil Murphy Will Take $175,000 Governor’s Salary | Observer
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2018, 05:32 PM
 
Location: In an indoor space
7,685 posts, read 5,696,962 times
Reputation: 5153
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
While he has the right to accept the salary, it looks real bad considering the man is a multi millionaire, plus this was said while at a meeting to discuss minimum wage. At least Corzine who was also Goldman Sachs man like Murphy only took $1 per year as a salary.

Sounds like Socialism with a twist of capitalism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Gov. Phil Murphy, a multimillionaire former Goldman Sachs executive, said Wednesday that he will accept the full $175,000 salary that comes with the governor’s job.

Murphy said he would take “a salary” during a roundtable event in Newark on the minimum wage and paid sick leave. Pressed by reporters for more specifics, Murphy said he would indeed take the full pay.

Phil Murphy Will Take $175,000 Governor’s Salary | Observer
"And all of this time I thought he was sacrificing his time so to serve and help THE people."



If our POTUS took full salary one wouldn't hear the end of it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey area
3,665 posts, read 2,242,610 times
Reputation: 12372
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
"And all of this time I thought he was sacrificing his time so to serve and help THE people."



If our POTUS took full salary one wouldn't hear the end of it!
oh please, we do hear the end of it. Our POTUS TWEETS every nanosecond of every day about his gloriousness.
Are you kidding me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey area
3,665 posts, read 2,242,610 times
Reputation: 12372
Question??

Do you work for free? Just asking. lol I never understood this mentality.
I remember a few years back Elizabeth Dole got heat because she was caught heat for taking a salary working with a non profit, I think it was red cross. I kept thinking to myself, Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to run a large corporation? I do.

I am fascinated with Americans take on wealth. anyone who is poor and on public assistance is a lazy bum using up my tax dollars, while anyone who is rich is a greedy corporate banker without a soul and should be giving away his money to the poor.


ok, carry on with the Murphy hate.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 01-18-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 06:05 PM
 
Location: In an indoor space
7,685 posts, read 5,696,962 times
Reputation: 5153
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
oh please, we do hear the end of it. Our POTUS TWEETS every nanosecond of every day about his gloriousness.
Are you kidding me?
Is that your response on why you don't acknowledge that he takes a salary when he doesn't need the money?

So are you kidding me?

Our POTUS tweets have nothing to do with Murphy a multi-millionaire taking a salary that the NJ taxpayers pay for.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 06:26 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
10,657 posts, read 15,125,811 times
Reputation: 11651
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Question??

Do you work for free? Just asking. lol I never understood this mentality.
I remember a few years back Elizabeth Dole got heat because she was caught heat for taking a salary working with a non profit, I think it was red cross. I kept thinking to myself, Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to run a large corporation? I do.

I am fascinated with Americans take on wealth. anyone who is poor and on public assistance is a lazy bum using up my tax dollars, while anyone who is rich is a greedy corporate banker without a soul and should be giving away his money to the poor.


ok, carry on with the Murphy hate.
No hate here.

It would just look better if he said no for the salary or said that he would donate it to charity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 06:27 PM
 
18,776 posts, read 18,037,290 times
Reputation: 12041
IF he can improve NJ's ailing fiscal health, make NJ a sanctuary state for employers and a state that attracts highly skilled and educated workers that will be money well spent.

If he can't or won't, oh well.

I just hope he doesn't take the past of least resistance by wasting his time and our money on "fighting the Trump agenda".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 06:49 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
10,657 posts, read 15,125,811 times
Reputation: 11651
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
IF he can improve NJ's ailing fiscal health, make NJ a sanctuary state for employers and a state that attracts highly skilled and educated workers that will be money well spent.

If he can't or won't, oh well.

I just hope he doesn't take the past of least resistance by wasting his time and our money on "fighting the Trump agenda".
His acceptance speech after being sworn in as Governor had 2020 written all over it.

Without a doubt anyone who says he's against someone at every turn no matter what has some issues.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey area
3,665 posts, read 2,242,610 times
Reputation: 12372
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Is that your response on why you don't acknowledge that he takes a salary when he doesn't need the money?

So are you kidding me?

Our POTUS tweets have nothing to do with Murphy a multi-millionaire taking a salary that the NJ taxpayers pay for.
what does "needing" the money have to do with it?? You become rich and all of a sudden you work for free??

NJ taxpayers HIRED him!! Did he say he would work for free???

working for nothing is called volunteering.

the presidents tweets were in response to you saying how if the president was collecting his salary we'd here all about it from others. you brought the president into it, not me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 08:03 PM
 
Location: In an indoor space
7,685 posts, read 5,696,962 times
Reputation: 5153
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
what does "needing" the money have to do with it?? You become rich and all of a sudden you work for free??

NJ taxpayers HIRED him!! Did he say he would work for free???

working for nothing is called volunteering.

the presidents tweets were in response to you saying how if the president was collecting his salary we'd here all about it from others. you brought the president into it, not me.
The POTUS works for $1.00/year, so can Murphy as it would've shown that maybe he cares about the people and not stuffing more $ in his already stuffed pockets imo. Yeah the job comes with a annual salary but so did the POTUS job as well and they're both multi-millionaires that's the point. We are speaking of being a public servant and imho Murphy is not showing great judgement so far and it's only two full days also because of the illegal defense BS he also wants to set up.

The tweeting still has nothing to do with it. For instance like the MSM would jump doing their anti-Trump thing if he took a salary which they would have and be correct in my view and then others here in CD would've done their anti-Trump critique as well for the same imo. Bloomburg took a $1.00/year salary in his three terms as NYC mayor.

Simple and what I meant.

Not meant for you but generally in as long as Murphy is governor many to most that voted for him will ever really critique him as in their minds he can't do no wrong imho................, hmmmm has a familiar ring to it.................., oh yeah the Obama years. lol!

Just a matter of differing opinions, nothing more!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top