Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 08:07 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If I see them I might ask them, but as I can see they have done literally nothing with the stuff in their yard, I am not going to hold my breath. And no he does not "work for me", he works for the town. He has a contract, and bosses and a whole bunch of other people and things he works "for" but just because I am a taxpayer does not mean he works for me.
That's exactly why he works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Well, let's put it another way: he works for you the same way he works for your neighbor. And if that's not true they shouldn't be a cop.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
can we fire them?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:29 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
can we fire them?
Only after he cleans up lkb's yard.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Take em to court!!!:d...........or while in your yard talk to them and tell them it was a hell of a party.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
Your best bet is to go over it with a mulching mower with bag. Make sure the grass is dry. Loosen the confetti up a little bit with a leaf rake then mow.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
My neighbor had a gender reveal party in their back yard and at some point something must have been popped, because there are thousands of pieces of foil confetti all over their and my backyard.

1. Does anyone know a good way to pick this stuff up? It’s about 1-2” long and metallic foil.
2. Would you say anything to the neighbor? I probably won’t because the boyfriend is a police officer but this is the first time they have really annoyed me (though their dog is starting to destroy our fence).

Thoughts?

Thanks
IMO picking up this stuff is their job. Depending upon the friendliness of your relationship....I would contact them and laughingly tell them to add your back yard to their party clean up list, they may not know it blew so far. Or, simply inform them and request that they remove this trash.

Unless you can leaf blow it back to their side, or into a pile to pick up yourself.

What have you done about the fence?? How did they react?

Old 04-25-2018, 11:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Well, let's put it another way: he works for you the same way he works for your neighbor. And if that's not true they shouldn't be a cop.
I beg to differ. The people who work for me are those I hire, those I over see, those I employ. Public servants for for the public not for individual taxpayers. Not only is it silly to say otherwise, it is at best patronizing.

I would no more presume to tell a public servant they work for me than to tell a member of the military that they work for me. Just because our collective tax dollars fund the military complex, does not make them my employees.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:45 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
IMO picking up this stuff is their job. Depending upon the friendliness of your relationship....I would contact them and laughingly tell them to add your back yard to their party clean up list, they may not know it blew so far. Or, simply inform them and request that they remove this trash.

Unless you can leaf blow it back to their side, or into a pile to pick up yourself.

What have you done about the fence?? How did they react?
The fence is a 4ft stockade, so I can't leaf blow it. My handyman came buy and replaced the crosspiece so it is fixed for now.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:06 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Quote:
I beg to differ. The people who work for me are those I hire, those I over see, those I employ. Public servants for for the public not for individual taxpayers. Not only is it silly to say otherwise, it is at best patronizing.

I would no more presume to tell a public servant they work for me than to tell a member of the military that they work for me. Just because our collective tax dollars fund the military complex, does not make them my employees.
And both sets of public servants have to treat all members of the public the same. So, therefore, the point still stands: What does their boyfriend being a cop have to do with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey