U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:20 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,094,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukcoo_nest View Post
I agree Paramus is prettier overall compared to Fair lawn. But commute is big advantage FL has over Paramus, and the reason why I landed up in Fair lawn (I started my house hunting in Paramus). Considering affordability, what we got for the money, commute to NYC, school system side by side with Paramus, Fair lawn won hands down for me. If driving to a job in NJ was an option, may be I would have gone with Paramus.

Overcrowding in FL should be fixed by 2020 once the $25 million budgeted additional space/infrastructure is completed. The referendum was passed the voting last year.

Between what is the average class size in Paramus elementary schools. In fair Lawn, its typically 20/21 and 25 is considered overcrowding.
Paramus to me is an amorphous, shapeless American suburb. It has no core, no central street, nowhere to walk. It is bisected by busy highways. Some areas of it do have pretty houses and mature trees. But again, there is no where to walk and I think not every house even has a sidewalk. I am not interested in such an environment.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:02 PM

709 posts, read 553,392 times
Yeah...”pretty” is not a word I would ever use to describe Paramus.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey