U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 07:43 PM

9,115 posts, read 8,450,161 times

Advertisements

What in the world?

Why would the Middlesex county jail do this?

Quote:
ICE had issued a detainer request asking the Middlesex County Jail to hold illegal immigrants until they could be picked up by federal officers, according to NJ.com. The jail ignored the request and released the immigrants without notifying ICE.
Quote:
“Middlesex County, which aspires to be a 'sanctuary county' by protecting criminal aliens, in the process assists criminals in undermining federal law, and creates a dangerous environment in the community,” Ruben Perez, acting field office director of Enforcement and Removal Operations in the agency’s Newark office, said in a statement.

ICE arrests 37 in mass New Jersey sweep, slams local officials for aspiring to be a 'sanctuary county' | Fox News

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/38...-day-operation
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 08:03 PM

676 posts, read 1,002,787 times
Because they’re operating as a sanctuary county...

Old 07-21-2018, 10:39 PM

6,210 posts, read 3,991,025 times
you know. you could just call ICE on people they released if you were really that concerned.

MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Old 07-21-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Because they’re operating as a sanctuary county...
Unfortunately so...even though Middlesex county it isn't an official "sanctuary" county.

Nothing after the above is addressed to you, Kiru.
------------------------------------
So why was that allowed to happen?

What are the repercussions going to be @Middlesex County for letting illegal criminals back out in to the general population after a Federal Agency requested differently?

Good thing the illegal criminals were rounded up by ICE & not left to shoot someone (by accident ) like Kate Steinle. Jurors in NJ are just as dumb as the fools who sat on that jury in CA and believed Zarate just found a gun, under a bench & "Ooops! Misfired".

Quote:
Jurors deliberated for several days before returning the verdict in the trial of Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who had been deported five times and freed under sanctuary laws before the fatal shooting. They convicted him on a single count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He has not been sentenced.
More than disgusting, but it is California, so can't expect much.

Immigrant deported multiple times found not guilty in slaying of Kathryn Steinle; Trump calls verdict 'disgraceful'

Anyone who thinks it's not a big deal is only believing so due to the fact they hate the sitting POTUS. More than obvious & more than pathetic.

If Obama were in office & wanted illegals out & supported ICE (and a wall)?

The praise for that man would be something never seen before.

Instead? There is a lot of lurve & sympathy for illegals/ illegal criminal aliens.

Pull you head out of your partisan behind and tell me WHY illegals should be allowed to stay in this country & why illegal alien CRIMINALS should be protected in any way, shape or from?

Old 07-21-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
you know. you could just call ICE on people they released if you were really that concerned.

MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Way to miss the entire issue, Boy.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:41 PM

6,210 posts, read 3,991,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Way to miss the entire issue, Boy.

build the wall!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
build the wall!
Can't wait for it to be built.

No more unauthorized points of entry & whining about getting separated from some kid that isn't yours.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:16 AM

18,178 posts, read 12,993,731 times
Felons released, whether they be from here or there is not relevant, as it follows the pattern of repeat offenders who commit most of the violent acts, including crimes with firearms.

With more firearm violence, democrats can then push for more NJ gun controls.

Obama had a big release of criminals, claimed to be non violent. How did many of the felons who engaged in violence get released? simple, prosecutors eager for a win, to further their political career or focus energy elsewhere, gave a plea deal from a felony to a lesser crime for a quick conviction. Viola! instant creation of a non violent offender.

35% of eligible NJ voters felt the need to cast a vote for gov. So a much lower % of Nj voters decided murphy was the best choice. This speaks poorly for Nj voters who did not vote, than it does for NJ voters who elected murphy. So by Hillary standards murphy election was not legitimate. Dems logic, not mine.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:55 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,133,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

35% of eligible NJ voters felt the need to cast a vote for gov. So a much lower % of Nj voters decided murphy was the best choice. This speaks poorly for Nj voters who did not vote, than it does for NJ voters who elected murphy. So by Hillary standards murphy election was not legitimate. Dems logic, not mine.
I don't see where this is "Dems logic" or "Hillary standards". This is just voter turnout. Are elections in NJ based on some sort of "electoral college" like national elections? ie: elections are won by county or something so Murphy while not winning the popular vote won the vote in the most counties?

The only thing I understand and see where the electoral college isn't fair is that where a state like ND gets 3 electoral votes, with less than a million people in the state. Whereas a state like CA with 50 million or so gets something like 17 electoral votes. (don't hold me to those figures). If electoral votes were evenly dispersed by population than a state like CA would get 150 electoral votes (if 1 million get you 3 votes, 50 times that should get you 150).

Or better yet, just get rid of the entire antiquated system all together??

While we're at it, GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS!!!

I don't understand the logic of "citizens united", if corporations are "people" why do they pay corporate income tax?? why don't they just pay "people" income tax?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:04 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,133,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
With more firearm violence, democrats can then push for more NJ gun controls.

NJ doesn't have the gun violence other states do, so maybe our firearm laws work to a certain extent?

No you're not going to get rid of all the guns, but you can make them harder to get.

What's a "Hillary standard"?? or Dems logic??

NJ doesn't have some sort of electoral college thing, votes aren't counted by district, (winning the most districts determines the winner), no it's just popular vote.

Maybe we'd get higher voter turnout if it was a national holiday? instead of rushing off to our jobs and then waiting on long lines we could vote more conveniently. I used to work nights, when I got off work I went to vote and the polling place wasn't open, there was a few of us there, apparently "someone wasn't told to unlock the building early". I ended up having to run back over later in the day as I feel it's my responsibility as a citizen. Also since I did vote, it gives me the right to complain about the govt. be my complain that I wish I hadn't voted for them or "don't blame me", I didn't vote for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or