Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgekat22 View Post
To give you all warning.
Also- anyone on here have the same unfortunate experience?
I'm wondering how long it takes to get the license re-instated.

Absolutely no clue on the Motor Vehicle website, no answer to e-mail, too long a wait on telephone.

I had ONE unpaid parking ticket [by the way, if you visit Newark, they have a new parking meter system- every other meter gets the coins. Where I parked, the meter was unmarked - found out later it was supposed to be marked with an arrow, pointing to the next meter.]
I found nowhere to put the money, no sign, no knowledge, wound up with a ticket. I wrote a letter to the Newark Muni Court explaining why I didn't think I deserved a ticket. Of course they ignored it. So I ignored the ticket. Which was stupid on my part. Until I got notified that my license is suspended.

I am in favor of license suspension for DUI. I didn't even have a moving violation. So now I pay the fine plus penalty plus $100 reinstatement fee.

Really sucks.
Anybody have any experience along these lines?

george

I agree! I hate Newark (Pimp City).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,511 times
So the license of the person who has the car registered in their name is the one that gets suspended?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,659,967 times
Quote:
I had no idea that a driver license could be suspended over a parking ticket! That's ridiculous
Yes it can be but the ATS system generates a few noticed before that point. So what would you have the state do? simply keep sending out notices?

Quote:
It's weird to think that had I been driving while under the influence, which I think is a very bad thing cuz you could kill someone, my penalty would not have been much worse, would it?
Really? The fact that you have a court appearance, most likely the impounded of the vehicle you were driving, lawyers fees, a mandatory 6 month min. license suspension, legal fees, restoration fees, Alcohol Educational classes (at your expense) and three years of a huge insurance increase and the state's points and surcharges.

That you equate with a fifty dollar summons and a reinstatement fee that's all done on line?

Quote:
So the license of the person who has the car registered in their name is the one that gets suspended?
It's a parking summons. This should answer that question...

Quote:
b. A parking ticket shall be served personally upon the operator of a vehicle who is present at the time of service, and his name shall be recorded on the parking ticket, together with the plate number and type as shown by the registration plates of the vehicle and the make or model of the vehicle. If the operator is not present, the parking ticket shall be served upon the owner of the vehicle by affixing the parking ticket to the vehicle in a conspicuous place, or by any other method appropriate under R. 4:4-4 of the Rules Governing the Courts of the State of New Jersey.

Last edited by rscalzo; 05-11-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 05:59 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
This is 5 years old, people.....

Old 05-12-2013, 05:13 AM

323 posts, read 575,025 times
remember people ,all of this is due to people ignoring paying the tickets you have noone to blame but yourselves

should the state continue to send notification of unpaid tickets so they can be ignored?

why should my /our tax dollars go to pay for this?

its personal responsibility people

start looking in the mirror ,you/we are part of the problem

Old 12-14-2018, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 515 times
I just recieve a letter from the ticket office. That i have a unpaid ticket that since in August of this year but i dont forgot to paid it. What can i do now. Is this to late for paid it online cause i dont want my driver license to be suspended. This is my first time that i forget to paid the ticket.

Last edited by agnes4104; 12-14-2018 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Forget paid

Old 12-14-2018, 12:52 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes4104 View Post
I just recieve a letter from the ticket office. That i have a unpaid ticket that since in August of this year but i dont forgot to paid it. What can i do now. Is this to late for paid it online cause i dont want my driver license to be suspended. This is my first time that i forget to paid the ticket.
Don't you think that "the ticket office" would be a better source of information than anonymous strangers with unknown agendas, and who might provide incorrect information? Give "the ticket office" a call.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Pretty sure somewhere on the ticket tells you what to do.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:59 AM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Pick up the phone and call the town clerk and ASK what has to be done.

The end.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 456 times
Hey guys, I had an unpaid parking ticket in central jersey and forgot to pay the restoration fee online. I was pulled over driving to work and was forced to park the car and now have to show up for court. Before he left, I asked the cop if I can just pay it on my phone right here and now and just drive with the receipt queued up...he said yes and he wouldn't bother me later but it might still be in the their system as suspended and another cop may handle it differently. I took my chances, paid it on my phone web browser and drove to work.

To my surprise on the bottom of the receipt it says, even though I paid it does not give me the authorization to resume driving and that I should not drive until I've received a written notification form the MVC which could take 7-10 days. So my question is, will I more than likely be alright driving around with the receipt and confirmation ready?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey