Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 06:34 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,471,136 times

Advertisements

I am a 20 year old male. Throughout my entire life, my dad cuts my hair at home and he is not a hairstylist at all. He just does ordinary haircuts. He learned how to cut hair in his childhood, but is not a stylist. I went to get my haircut done somewhere when I was a bit little, but I don't remember. I went to Sport Clips a few weeks ago recently after having a coupon for a free haircut and that coupon also covers the extra MVP experience. I told her what style I wanted and she did an okay job. My hair is growing back and it already looks "sort of" like the way my hair used to look when my dad cut it, but it still looks better. Sport Clips is not worth the regular price of $19-$20. I've heard bad things about Sport Clips. I heard they hire untrained workers who are either high school or college students who cut hair as a "summer job". The girl who cut my hair looked like she was around my age. I guess chain haircuts are bad. Super Cuts has a horrible reputation.

There is a non-chain hair salon in East Hanover that only charges $14 for men's haircut. It's called "Snips", but it will not be very well known on Google. The hairstylist here does my mom's hair and she has an outstandingly good reputation for the work she does to women's hair. I will definitely go there next time.

Where else in my area (particularly eastern Morris County) has good hairstylists for men's hair?\

By the way, here is what my hairstyle looked like when it was first cut: https://www.indexhair.net/very-short-haircuts-for-men/

Here is the dream hairstyle I want: https://someonehadtowriteaboutit.com...rcuts-for-men/

I have very coarse hair and it is thick, so I wonder if that can restrict me from having certain hairstyles maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:41 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,554,435 times
Go to Rite-Aid, get a $20 clipper (maybe even a $15 one,) get a chair, get a mirror, give all hairs a cut.

Barbering is a rip-off for simple cuts.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:50 PM

10,073 posts, read 6,658,515 times
You pay for what you get. Try going to a men's salon and spend $50, well worth it, you will realize you are more attractive.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You pay for what you get. Try going to a men's salon and spend $50, well worth it, you will realize you are more attractive.
No way, $50 is not worth it for a male haircut. I think the max I would spend on a haircut (not including tip) would be $20. $15 is preferable. I'd rather listen to the comment above yours (for me to learn how to cut my own hair) rather than going to some place that will cost $50 when I am not even a woman.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:40 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,554,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
No way, $50 is not worth it for a male haircut. I think the max I would spend on a haircut (not including tip) would be $20. $15 is preferable. I'd rather listen to the comment above yours (for me to learn how to cut my own hair) rather than going to some place that will cost $50 when I am not even a woman.
I really appreciate this. Thank you, young sir!

I have a yellow Conair clippers from RiteAid, I *think* it costs $15-$20. I have someone else give my head a shave in 5 minutes, though with any hairstyle the concept is pretty much the same. Your "look" is your look... we shave our own beards, the head part, 5 minutes in a chair is all it takes. Free. Sweep up when done. Jump in shower. Finished.

Paying for someone else to make you look good is stupid. Only exception is clothing.(Kenneth Cole etc)

Old 09-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I really appreciate this. Thank you, young sir!

I have a yellow Conair clippers from RiteAid, I *think* it costs $15-$20. I have someone else give my head a shave in 5 minutes, though with any hairstyle the concept is pretty much the same. Your "look" is your look... we shave our own beards, the head part, 5 minutes in a chair is all it takes. Free. Sweep up when done. Jump in shower. Finished.

Paying for someone else to make you look good is stupid. Only exception is clothing.(Kenneth Cole etc)
We are males, so it's definitely worth learning how to cut our own hair. We all shave our own beards, but I don't understand why guys need to go to a hairstylist/barber just to shave or trim a beard. It's worth it. We are not women, so it's not worth waiting a long time in line just to get a haircut. 5 minutes of a haircut sounds awesome. And plus the benefit of me learning how to do my own hair is that I can style/cut it practically anytime I want without having to wait for it to grow back.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,013,094 times
I get a rock-solid $20 men's haircut from Downtown Salon (Madison). Plus a few dollars tip of course. If you're in East Hanover that's an easy drive.

It's tough to find. Men tend to cut my hair too geometric-flat, but women always cut it too "poofy." Finding the middle ground, which I call "straight but with some life to it," is not easy.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
I get a rock-solid $20 men's haircut from Downtown Salon (Madison). Plus a few dollars tip of course. If you're in East Hanover that's an easy drive.

It's tough to find. Men tend to cut my hair too geometric-flat, but women always cut it too "poofy." Finding the middle ground, which I call "straight but with some life to it," is not easy.
If neither gender can cut your hair well, then I would rather listen to very first comment on this post, which would be to learn how to cut my own hair. Before trying the place in Madison, I would go to the woman in East Hanover first. She does an amazing job with my mom's hair, but I assume she would do a good job with a man's hair. Hopefully it comes out as well as the picture in the link on my thread.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 561,986 times
Super cuts is $16

Old 09-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Super cuts is $16
Super Cuts seems like a horrible chain tbh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey