Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:08 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGuitar View Post
I saved a lot of money in car insurance.......

.... by not having any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 11:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchist
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

Definition of anarchist. 1 : a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power.

I think "Anarchism" is not inherently violent, same way that "Voodoo" is portrayed in the media as colorful ritual etc. May or may not be true.

We are the masters of our own destiny.. I, also, sit back at some of the decisions made by people (yes, this includes the ones that are supposed to have "power" over me) and I think to myself.. "Heh, yeah, I'm just gonna do me."

It's the sheep that like to be ruled.
you see people get a kick out of having power over others. people on my town facebook page are always making these suggestions for what rules they want for other people or how they want other people's money to be spent on their personal preferences.

one of the things i find the funniest is people getting personal satisfaction over the size of the country. they oppose the secession of some state because somehow the magic of national greatness would be reduced if a state left. they even have some kind of feeling of ownership over federal land. so they dont want states or god forbid individuals to take ownership of federal land. its some insane feeling of ownership that they have over land that isnt theirs and they get no benefit from.

statism is a form of psychosis. its a religion.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:59 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
Not ranting about AR15s. For one I thought they were illegal in NJ, but apparently not. This guy is an ex-marine, so I don't know if that has anything to do with him having this weapon.

The wife brings their child to daycare while she is at work and the drunk is home all day. At least she is smart enough to not leave the kid with him. When she came home with the kid the other day, he was drunk and combative, with loaded weapons on the floor. I guess she called the cops because she was scared.

Cops took him away when he tried to step on the guns trying to hide them, then proceeded to call the cops expletives. This is just a bad situation waiting to get much worst.

I posted this to see if the apartment complex was responsible in any way and if there was anything they could do to remove this guy. Seems like a huge liability for them.
They are illegal, in New Jersey, any weapon capable of holding more than 10 round of amo is baned. That gun is probably a AR15 copy which does not hold lot of bullets, no power (compared to the AR15), they are basically a handgun with an AR15 body.

The assault weapon ban (and strict gun law) in New Jersey is a good thing, there is a reason why New Jersy has seen only 1 mass shooting in its history (and it was the first mass shooting in USA) in 1949

Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
They are illegal, in New Jersey, any weapon capable of holding more than 10 round of amo is baned. That gun is probably a AR15 copy which does not hold lot of bullets, no power (compared to the AR15), they are basically a handgun with an AR15 body.

The assault weapon ban (and strict gun law) in New Jersey is a good thing, there is a reason why New Jersy has seen only 1 mass shooting in its history (and it was the first mass shooting in USA) in 1949
Not quite.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...-nj/708524002/

Old 09-28-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
i believe 15 is the limit for rifles. its really not a big deal, you can swap a magazine in a few seconds.

you can also do a mass shooting with hand guns. thats what the virginia tech kid used.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:22 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i believe 15 is the limit for rifles. its really not a big deal, you can swap a magazine in a few seconds.

you can also do a mass shooting with hand guns. thats what the virginia tech kid used.
Any gun law not only is infringement but does nothing as to presently owned weapons as well as people using the legal ones.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:56 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

The guy in Trenton either had an illegal weapon, or just smacked in another magazine. I read another article which stated that 20 were wounded.

That's what jayo mentioned. It wasn't a mass shooting, but mass murder. He didn't kill many from his apartment window. He entered a neighbor's apartment to kill the couple and the guy's mom. He walked into the barber shop and shot a little boy who was getting his hair cut. He also killed the barber, but left mom to live with it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ory-180956927/

Old 09-29-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Any gun law not only is infringement but does nothing as to presently owned weapons as well as people using the legal ones.
that "every gun law is infringement" is either something you have seen me say or you are reading it somewhere. where else do you go online for your liberty education? i hope you have added "libery memes" if you have facebook.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The guy in Trenton either had an illegal weapon, or just smacked in another magazine. I read another article which stated that 20 were wounded.

That's what jayo mentioned. It wasn't a mass shooting, but mass murder. He didn't kill many from his apartment window. He entered a neighbor's apartment to kill the couple and the guy's mom. He walked into the barber shop and shot a little boy who was getting his hair cut. He also killed the barber, but left mom to live with it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ory-180956927/
its impressive how much time gets spent try to prevent what represents about 1% of the murders. of course, that is if you dont include murders by government; which adds up to much more than murders between citizens. only with those you call it "foreign policy" and actually celebrate the people doing it.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:34 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,369,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

If you are that paranoid you might want to purchase some firearms yourself and get trained on...
Oh, yeah, that's a good idea. The OP should just wait until this becomes a real tragedy so enough evidence is gained that this gun nut is a threat. Then the OP will get to play hero by shooting people too, instead of working to avoid the entire situation.

The OP should take a trip to the police station and have a meeting with the chief of police about this asking what can be done and they are living in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey