U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 04:38 PM

4,128 posts, read 9,487,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants22 View Post
My family was looking into Wyckoff but noticed a pub when driving through the town. Not that this makes a big difference, but does anyone know how many bars Wyckoff has and what time they close at?
The Brownstone was the only traditional bar in Wyckoff and it closed at least 5 years ago.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:47 PM

64,702 posts, read 61,021,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
The Brownstone was the only traditional bar in Wyckoff and it closed at least 5 years ago.
Weird, just passed it today. I didn't realize it has been closed that long. I got into a fight there once about 40 years ago. Well, not exactly. Some chicks were hassling a friend of mine over what she was playing on the jukebox, and she ran into the ladies room to get me to help her out. I didn't actually have to do anything but stand there and smile and be six feet tall. They went and sat down.

I do know the bar at Aldo's gets busy, but that's more of an upscale crowd, and they are probably banged up by midnight.

I can't think of any other bar in Wyckoff.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 PM

370 posts, read 1,256,535 times
There is no real bar in Wyckoff. There is Blue Moon Mexican Restaurant which has a bar and may have a few people on a saturday until 11:30 or so on the late side. There is a wine bar attached to Aldo's restaurant which also empties pretty early and isn't a major "bar".

You will get more for your money in Oakland but the taxes can get a little higher. The schools are really good here but be careful of flooding in some areas.
Wyckoff is a good balance of home prices and taxes out of those towns mentioned. The schools are really good and it has a great community. The home prices in Midland Park are lower but the taxes are higher and it people really love living here. The real estate market is pretty strong and homes sell very well here since it is more affordable then the surrounding towns. Ridgewood and Glen Rock have higher home prices and taxes.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:30 AM
46H

1,183 posts, read 753,211 times
The Barn is in Wyckoff and is a "real" bar.
359 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff

http://www.thebarnoriginal.com/

Old 11-04-2018, 05:17 PM

370 posts, read 1,256,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
359 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff

Untitled Document
Yes, I forgot about that one but it closes pretty early and feels more like a casual/ family restaurant with a bar in it. It still doesn't feel like a real hangout/late night bar. It closes at 11 on a Saturday night.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
359 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff

Untitled Document
I completely forgot about The Barn, and I used to hang out there when I was young. Knew the owner at the time and partied a bit with his son.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:43 AM

27 posts, read 17,528 times
Shepherd and the Knuclehead in Haledon isn't far from Wyckoff.
Oakland has several places but most are trash holes
Ramsey, Paramus, Waldwick all have some night life but no downtown areas. You have to go to hoboken for that kind of scene

Old 11-05-2018, 10:19 PM

I don't think the guy was looking for night life.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:13 PM

329 posts, read 133,908 times
People don't live in Wyckoff for the bar/restaurant scene. Outside of boulder run shopping area, they want peace and quiet. But there are plenty of options 10-15 minutes away in any direction. Oakland feels alot more rural. You'll still find middle aged guys with mullets and mustaches at the strip malls.

Last edited by Harry88; 11-12-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 11-13-2018, 11:25 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,412,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry88 View Post
People don't live in Wyckoff for the bar/restaurant scene. Outside of boulder run shopping area, they want peace and quiet. But there are plenty of options 10-15 minutes away in any direction. Oakland feels alot more rural. You'll still find middle aged guys with mullets and mustaches at the strip malls.
Very true. We lived in Wyckoff for the peace and quiet (plus bigger lots and lower taxes). If we wanted to go to a bar/restaurant, we drove 4 miles or 10 minutes to downtown Ridgewood. Not once did we go out to eat in Wyckoff in the 3 years we lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or