Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:35 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugloverboca View Post
I have no opinion about Ocean Township’s diversity, but I just want to point out that several posters have confused Ocean Township with Ocean County. Ocean Township is in Monmouth County, near Eatontown and Long Branch and West Long Branch.
To me it means - Diversity. Not all one race. I think most people think of it that way. If a town was 96% any race, I would not call it "diverse".

Most people would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 06:24 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
IMO you'd be doing your kids a big disservice sending your kids to Red Bank Regional instead of Red Bank Catholic. ps, I'm not Catholic.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:23 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
IMO you'd be doing your kids a big disservice sending your kids to Red Bank Regional instead of Red Bank Catholic. ps, I'm not Catholic.
can you elaborate on this thought?

Old 10-04-2018, 10:04 AM

48 posts, read 67,835 times
To Sheena12, I have no idea why you’re explaining diversity to me. I have no idea about how diverse Ocean Township is and no opinion about it. I don’t live there and I’ve not seen any statistics about it.You missed the point of my post, which is that Ocean Township and Ocean County are 2 different places. I posted that several minutes before somebody else, who then said the same thing as I did. Please take your condescending attitude somewhere else, and also learn how to get the main idea from whatever you read.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:13 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,117,555 times
Oh, rich people, please stop pretending to care about diversity. We all know you're not moving anywhere remotely diverse and pretending to care doesn't make you any better than your rich friends who don't go through motions of pretending to care.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
You want diverse, try Shrewsbury Township. No, I'm not talking about Shrewsbury Borough. We're the remnant of the original township from 1693. Population hit 1200 in the last census.

The problem is that you won't be able to buy a single family home. There aren't any. There is a condo complex, an apartment complex, and a co-op complex. One store, and a community center for the municipal government and town activities. Three streets, all with a speed limit of 15 mph. A large park in the middle with a playground and deer that come out to graze every evening.

State police at the former Fort Monmouth are our cops, we pay Shrewsbury Borough for fire, and the kids go to school in Tinton Falls. I'm white, my neighbors are black, white, Malaysian, an Asian/white mixed race family, Brazilians...

Now that's diversity.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:38 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Between the two = Little Silver!

Now if I only could afford a little sliver of Little Silver.

Diversity is infiltrated just about everywhere in NJ IMHO.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:05 AM

31 posts, read 63,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugloverboca View Post
To Sheena12, I have no idea why you’re explaining diversity to me. I have no idea about how diverse Ocean Township is and no opinion about it. I don’t live there and I’ve not seen any statistics about it.You missed the point of my post, which is that Ocean Township and Ocean County are 2 different places. I posted that several minutes before somebody else, who then said the same thing as I did. Please take your condescending attitude somewhere else, and also learn how to get the main idea from whatever you read.
I think she quoted the wrong person. There was a clearly TROLL poster who posted:
"Further proof that "diversity" means "non-white."
To the OP: How about you concern yourself with the personalities, values, and behaviors of your neighbors instead of their skin color."

Old 10-05-2018, 07:08 AM

31 posts, read 63,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that is a good point and possibly the answer (or a large part of it). the auditorium may have been seen as unnecessary and people just voted no on both for that. I don't know. does colts neck have a large group of seniors that mobilized against these proposals? Im not a colts neck expert but I doubt you will get more school concern in ocean than colts neck.

I live in Holmdel.
Yes, there are definitely hundreds of grumpy old conservatives who live in Colts Neck and mobilized against the vote. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for talking about conservatives that way, but I guarantee that no liberal would vote against the schools in this manner.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:13 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,368 times
Since you mention your Asian, have you considered East Brunswick at all? Or are you looking in south jersey due to lower property taxes??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey