Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,619,902 times

Advertisements

I have just made a mental note never to be seen in public with Wiley or Alex lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
:::Shaking my head while smiling::: Terry, you just reminded me of a story. A few years back my friend Bonnie and I went shopping to the PC Richards & Son store on Route 17, I was being a smarta$$ (as usual) the whole time w/ the sales guy because #1 he was checking my friend out which then I told him that she was single and desperate #2 That she hadn't been out on a date for a long time so she was a sure laid, so of course I embarrased her big time. Then we went to pay for the items we bought when the phone by the cashier's desk started to ring, I asked her "Are you gonna answer that?" to which she replied, "No", so I said, 'Do you want me to pick it up?", to which she said "go ahead" with a look like she didn't believe that I would, to which of course I did. The person on the phone was a lady from the city who was searching for a specific video camera, I told her "Yeah, sure we have that camera, as a matter of fact we're running a 15 % off sale going on and if you come down from the city, I'll make it 25% just for you" mind you as I'm talking to this lady and saying all this, the store manager had come over and is looking at me in disbelief. I finally ended the convo w/ the lady and told her, "when you come, just ask for the manager, my name is Babarino"
LOL...sound like my kind of shopper then : ) Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for you over at the Weis in Newton...or Home Depot : ) Another thing we do, my neighbor is a huge dollar store fan. If we go with him, we put all kinds of wierd crap in his basket - hide it under the stuff he's getting so he won't see it until he gets to the counter... you know, dollar store maxi pads... some make up...lol : ). He's cool though as he'll play along...start talking like a drag queen to the cashier as he puts the stuff on the counter : )

Old 04-04-2008, 11:11 AM

Ok..one more fun story : ) The New York Times kept calling and calling and just wouldn't take no for an answer! Finally the woman asked me why I didn't want the paper so I told her I was Blind... the phone went silent and I was just waiting for her to come back with "well we do offer our newspaper in Brail (sp?) as well" But she must have hung up and I never heard from them again : )

Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
See now, no one ever wants to shop with me. I have a habit of embarrassing my shopping partner. One time, an old room mate and I were in the pharmacy isle... her at one end, me at the other... the isle was jammin' - I yelled down the isle to her "Hey Sue, did you find the Tucks yet?". Her face turned beet red : ))) Another time, my neighbor and best pal, had to do the shopping - neither of us do the "push the cart" thing... that's the wife's job..lol : ) We spent the whole time pushing the cart to the other down each isle : ) Anyway - we got to the check out and the woman was like 100 yrs old. I put my groceries up first then the bar then he put his stuff up. I proceeded to pretend that he was my husband and started yelling at him for being so cheap and making me pay for the groceries every week! Then I started on him about his 17 year old mistress... lol - the poor old lady never picked her head up but I could hear her chuckling...
OMG Terry! You would fit in with hubby & I!
It's amazing how many people don't laugh when we get going.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
OMG Terry! You would fit in with hubby & I!
It's amazing how many people don't laugh when we get going.
LOL - they probably think you are a couple of nuts! Here's another thing I like to do...if the cashier is extremely rude - when she hands you your change say "**** you very much". They look at you as if they're not sure if you said "thank you" or "**** you...." then I just walk away smiling : )

Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
LOL - they probably think you are a couple of nuts! Here's another thing I like to do...if the cashier is extremely rude - when she hands you your change say "**** you very much". They look at you as if they're not sure if you said "thank you" or "**** you...." then I just walk away smiling : )

I'll have to tell hubby that one! Love it

Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'll have to tell hubby that one! Love it
I think Hubby and I are going to get along just fine : )

Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,417 times
Quote:
LOL...sound like my kind of shopper then : ) Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for you over at the Weis in Newton...or Home Depot : ) Another thing we do, my neighbor is a huge dollar store fan. If we go with him, we put all kinds of wierd crap in his basket - hide it under the stuff he's getting so he won't see it until he gets to the counter... you know, dollar store maxi pads... some make up...lol : ). He's cool though as he'll play along...start talking like a drag queen to the cashier as he puts the stuff on the counter : )
HAHAHA, I live to laugh ...
Wud love to hang with you!!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
Quote:

I just had a mental image of you doing that! LOL

Old 04-07-2008, 11:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post
I was born in New Jersey but I have to admit, the amount of rude people in this state is just VERY high compared to other states. I have spent some time in Wisconsin and Minnesota and the people are just so NICE. They actually talk to you, have this positive attitude, more of a small town mentality and very HELPFUL. Talking about A&P, I used to go to the one in Roselle Park and some of those dummy cashiers won't even look at you or say hi, Hello, big dummy! I can go to another location, it is not like you are the only store in town.
Rudeness is worldwide these days. I'm a huge wal-mart (super wal-mart anyway) shopper but I hate there customer service. I try to always go through self checkouts cause every time I use a cashier I end up waiting forever. I went on Saturday to get my oil changed and nails done and before I left I remembered I needed some pull ups. All the self checkouts had long lines so I went through the express lane. I have ONE item - how long can it take? Cashier doesn't say "hi" just rings them up and stands there. Doesn't even announce the total, just turns the screen where I can see it. So I gave the cashier a $20 bill and she lays my change on the counter and starts ringing up the next person.

Now I could have just picked my change up and left but I was pissed. I put the money in your hand, you should have put it back in mine. And what happened to "thanks, have a nice day?" I just kept standing there and the CUSTOMER behind me asked if there was a problem. I told her I was waiting for the cashier to hand me my change. After about 3o years of eye rolling, she picks it up and drops it in my hand.

I went to the customer service place to complain but the CSM was so busy trying to figure out why Sally was $.86 short she wasn't even listening to me. You have to wonder why these huge stores think that they don't have to have good customer service. Do they really feel so secure in their jobs that they think they can get away with treating people any kind of way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey