Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:11 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
And the majority voted a tax more governor - suckers for financial punishment I guess.

Liberalism is a disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 09:14 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodelotus View Post
Then don't use interstate highways? You're being tracked by aircraft, police vehicles, drones, satellites, any purchase you make, video cameras in stores if you pay with cash. EZ Pass greatly improves the flow of traffic. Worrying about being "tracked" is a little ridiculous at this point.

Also it doesn't auto deduct from your bank account. You put an amount into your account and it deducts from there. You can review your account anytime and dispute any charges pretty easily if necessary.

If you don't want to use the system then take local roads.
I avoid toll roads as much as possible. The amounts they are now charging, even with EZ Pass are ridiculous. I realize we are being tracked by cameras and other devices everywhere. It isn't tin foil hat stuff anymore.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:38 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Thread is about EZ pass ,stay on point.
Post #48.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:19 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Post #48.
Talking NJ, trump ...no.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:39 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Thread is about EZ pass ,stay on point.
You said this.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:23 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
When coming down the GSP at the Toms River tolls, there's been the express EZpass for a number of years. To the right of that EZpass express, there are 4 tolls booths. They got rid of the exact change lane and now only have 2 EZpass (non express) and 2 full service. There is no exact change lane anymore, so the full service is now backed up during rush hour.

Pretty much telling those who want to pay by cash....suck it up and wait or get EZPass.

With the next exit being about 2 miles from the toll plaza, there is no reason to have 2 non express EZpass booths.

Your tax dollars at work.
This isn't just NJ, the entire country is going electronic. It is worse in other states. My niece and I flew to Chicago to visit our relative 5 years ago or so and had a 2+ hour drive to get there. There were probably half a dozen tolls along the drive (I was surprised, I thought tolls were more an east coast thing). None of the booths were manned, and all required either exact change or their version of EZ Pass. Thank God the roads were empty as it was very late ay night, because we were parked and digging through our purses for quite a while, and had to leave our route eventually and beg a store to make change for us.

If we had been able to use the e-pass we would have. I don't honestly understand why people don't want to use it.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:43 AM

146 posts, read 123,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This isn't just NJ, the entire country is going electronic. It is worse in other states. My niece and I flew to Chicago to visit our relative 5 years ago or so and had a 2+ hour drive to get there. There were probably half a dozen tolls along the drive (I was surprised, I thought tolls were more an east coast thing). None of the booths were manned, and all required either exact change or their version of EZ Pass. Thank God the roads were empty as it was very late ay night, because we were parked and digging through our purses for quite a while, and had to leave our route eventually and beg a store to make change for us.

If we had been able to use the e-pass we would have. I don't honestly understand why people don't want to use it.
There are at least two reasons why people don't want to use it:
1. It's another tool that government uses to keep track of those who use EZ Pass.
2. Some of us don't like the idea of pre-paying for something.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:03 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Liberalism is a disease.
Yeah, we should have stuck with the guys who decreased tax credits, raised the gas tax by 23%, right.

At least we're not hypocrites who raise taxes on the middle class without overtly raising them. At least we're not hypocrites who rail about the national debt being a crisis that threatens our very existence, until they get in, where they let it balloon to historic numbers.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:47 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
......here we go.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:49 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
......here we go.
Literally. L(Laughed) O(Out) L(Loud).

Time to go to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey