Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,607,893 times

Advertisements

[BTW what did those guys do with the umbrella that comes with those beginner cocktails?

See I knew it was a girlie drink lol, just like the shirt.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:04 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,587,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUIDO View Post

Whoever made the comment about the wifebeaters, what do you mean by feminine? Like this guy's shirt? If you think it is feminine? If so, Why?
i do declare, that picture has left me speechless. in honor of the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", i will say that guido really has a beautiful face.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,729,797 times
Quote:
I am 31 and I still living the party life. Most of my friends are 30 and older and they still go down to the Shore to party. I don't see anything wrong with that, do you? What is wrong with enjoying life? You are saying that I am a kid just because I party?
No, your not a kid. But it is childish. I am 33 and a former club kid. I started at the Paladium and Limelight at 16 when I was WAAAAAY too young to get into these places. But, half naked and the body of an Adonis always won over ID back then. In Highschool and after it was always Belmar and Seaside Heights on the weekends. So I understand the "party" mentality completely. BUT, after college I decided a career was most important and 60-80hr weeks left little time for fun. As I got older the more I realized that quality over quantity always wins. I started making rounds at the bars and lounges in NYC and found a much more sophistated crowd that I could actually have conversations with when NOT out partying. Now, I'd much rather sit my fat ass down at a lounge with an 18yr old scotch than an 18yr old guid-ette.
Quote:
Some people just do not want to marry, have kids and have a typical boring suburban life. I don't think taking care of yourself, waxing your eyebrows or looking good for the ladies is a bad thing. I am not sure about the lip gloss part ( I don't do that!) but I think it goes to show that most guidos have good self esteem. I wish more people took good care of their bodies, hair and appearance.
Self esteem and cockyness are not the same thing.
Quote:
Whoever made the comment about the wifebeaters, what do you mean by feminine? Like this guy's shirt? If you think it is feminine? If so, Why?
"Most" men would much rather wear something comfortable and slightly loose fitting (regardless of their body type) than something tight and restrictive. Also, its usually only in the animal kingdom that the males are prettier than the females. For humans, its rather widely accepted that when a guy looks TOO primped and pampered, he is doing so to attract other men. Metrosexuals notwithstanding.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:08 PM

531 posts, read 2,145,131 times
Quote:
You are saying that I am a kid just because I party?
Exactly right.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM

531 posts, read 2,145,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
For humans, its rather widely accepted that when a guy looks TOO primped and pampered, he is doing so to attract other men.
You owe me a new keyboard........

Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM

72 posts, read 384,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post
Sorry... are you a Guido? I mean did you watch the video? Have you seen the people that fall into this group in person. Generally speaking they are some of the rudiest, most arrogant people you will meet. I can tell you from 1st hand experience. I was very involved in the night club scene not too long ago and the things that go on at NJ Clubs with this group is just scary.
Why don't you spend a day this summer at the Surf Club in Ortley Beach... then come tell me how people are being mean to the Guidos.
To answer your question, I am not a "Guido," I have never been to the Jersey shore but I don't have to be any of these things or been to any of these places to know simple etiquette. No matter how "rude" or "nasty" these people, are, I still don't think that gives one a carte blanc to speak negatively of others. Because believe me, as you are laughing at other people, there is someone else laughing or turning their noses up at you b/c whatever you do, where ever you live, whatever you wear is crazy, simple, cheap, boring, excessive etc.

On a side note, I will have to say your comments have been the most inappropriate & the thing that knee jack my reaction to respond to the thread. Jest for good fun but there is a line when fun becomes malicious and hateful.

If I agree with you that "Guidos" can be berated & talked about with such venom then it makes it perfectly okay for someone else to talk about Hispanics, Homosexuals, Women, Blacks, Asians, Europeans, Men, etc simply b/c they are crazy, nasty, different, arrogant, etc

Someone is always an "other" & like they say what goes around comes around & no not everything is a "joke." We are reasonable adults here...I think we all can figure out that line of appropriate versus inappropriate.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:51 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,729,797 times
Im a fat, married with child, semi-suburban, fabulous and broke, hispanic, who is a quasi republican, self entitled ass. I make fun of all groups equally, including my own. Please talk about me as much as you like. It feeds my ego. Please go right ahead.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:01 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,780,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
Im a fat, married with child, semi-suburban, fabulous and broke, hispanic, who is a quasi republican, self entitled ass. I make fun of all groups equally, including my own. Please talk about me as much as you like. It feeds my ego. Please go right ahead.
As a fellow slightly overweight (not fat - yet anyway), married with child, rural-suburban, Irishman (who likes to imbibe), Reputhuglican who isn't broke, I get a kick out being stereotyped. Especially if it's new material.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM

370 posts, read 1,366,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
. Because believe me, as you are laughing at other people, there is someone else laughing or turning their noses up at you b/c whatever you do, where ever you live, whatever you wear is crazy, simple, cheap, boring, excessive etc.

NOW I am Laughing at you... Where did I say I care what others are saying about me. I am not so insecure that I need to have strangers approval to be able to go on with my life.

This seems to be a very sensitive subject but I am sorry it is real life. People do stupid things and others laugh. Have you ever seen America's Funniest Homes Videos? We are laughing at the things that others are doing or that have happened to them. I promise you if this video gets sent in to the show It will be the $10,000 winner. People are going to laugh when they see that guy bouncing around all over the street.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:34 PM

7,212 posts, read 11,884,242 times
Quote:
I am 31 and I still living the party life. Most of my friends are 30 and older and they still go down to the Shore to party. I don't see anything wrong with that, do you? What is wrong with enjoying life? You are saying that I am a kid just because I party?

Some people just do not want to marry, have kids and have a typical boring suburban life. I don't think taking care of yourself, waxing your eyebrows or looking good for the ladies is a bad thing. I am not sure about the lip gloss part ( I don't do that!) but I think it goes to show that most guidos have good self esteem. I wish more people took good care of their bodies, hair and appearance.

That's a guy's shirt?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey