Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 PM

312 posts, read 686,132 times

Advertisements

Not sure if Kosher Bagels Supreme in Springfield has fresh Lox or not. You could also try Alen's Deli in Springfield, in the same strip mall as Bagels Supreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 01:57 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I never had either until I was an adult, but now I like them.

LOL, I've told this story before. When I was a kid, my sibs and I were sitting in a car with my father at the local shopping center, and we noticed that a new store had opened. It was called Grandma's Bagels. We asked my father what they sold there, because we had never seen that word before.

He said it was a type of bread that looked like a doughnut. We lost interest. The store closed after a month. Midland Park was not yet ready for bagels in the 1960s, let alone lox.

Now there is a bagel shop that does a booming business across the street from where that one was.
I may have had my first bagel before I ever had pizza. Goldberg's in Westwood, a bargain at $.10 each! When my father was running for city council he paid us in bagels to hand out his campaign flyer. That was probably in the late 60s, maybe early 70s. (Sorry to go off-topic, your post gave me flashback).

Old 11-19-2018, 04:29 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I may have had my first bagel before I ever had pizza. Goldberg's in Westwood, a bargain at $.10 each! When my father was running for city council he paid us in bagels to hand out his campaign flyer. That was probably in the late 60s, maybe early 70s. (Sorry to go off-topic, your post gave me flashback).
I never went to the Goldberg’s in Westwood, but there are a couple of locations in the Hamptons that I go to frequently, and I know are the same owner. Great bagels. Unfortunately they are not 10 cents anymore.

There is one in Millburn too, but I’m not sure if it is the same Goldberg.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Pretty sure they carry it here. Town Hall Deli , South Orange.

https://www.townhalldeli.com/

Old 01-01-2021, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 584 times
Fairway Market in Paramus always had a good selection of lox and Terry was the best lox cutter. ANyone know what happened to him when Fairway closed?

Old 01-02-2021, 09:14 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,181,559 times
Aldi's now carries 3 Oz packaged smoked salmon at $3.99. It's not bad. Acme Fish Co. now charges $8.99 for 3 Oz. Aldi's salmon comes from either Norwegian fish farms or Chile and is smoked in Poland.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:57 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Aldi's now carries 3 Oz packaged smoked salmon at $3.99. It's not bad. Acme Fish Co. now charges $8.99 for 3 Oz. Aldi's salmon comes from either Norwegian fish farms or Chile and is smoked in Poland.

that doesn't sound carbon neutral friendly.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:28 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
that doesn't sound carbon neutral friendly.
So tell us, how smoking meat is consider carbon neutral friendly.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:38 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So tell us, how smoking meat is consider carbon neutral friendly.

i refuse

Old 01-03-2021, 05:32 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,461,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdubowsky View Post
Fairway Market in Paramus always had a good selection of lox and Terry was the best lox cutter. ANyone know what happened to him when Fairway closed?

Boy do I miss Fairway. Nowhere else outside of NYC (or anywhere) has lox/smoked salmon as good as they had. Kosher Nosh has very good lox. Maywood Market has good Acme stuff cheap. But nowhere comes close to Fairway. (Not a huge fan of the lox from Eppes Essen.)

Terry was my man. When I first went to Fairway their opening week, I saw him and said to myself, "Man, this is a fancy place! They have Spike Lee cutting the lox!" (Seriously, I think he looks just like him.)

The last day Fairway was open, I went for a quick trip to say goodbye to the crew, hoping to see Terry, but the other deli guys told me he had already gone back to one of the city stores. (And doggonnit, I can't remember which one.) He worked in the city for Fairway for many years before coming to Paramus.

I sincerely hope that Wakefern/Shop-Rite keeps the remaining city Fairway stores around long-term, but I'm having my doubts. Hoping to get some of that delicious smoked salmon sliced by Terry one day again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey