Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM

130 posts, read 290,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Ok..........then yes............the townwide sale is this entire weekend and it looks like it is in RAIN or SHINE.........( everyone clean the garage up real quick to fit the items).....

Back2NJ...........I will be in Hackettstown soon ( maybe even this weekend?) I will take some photos for you. SWB of our PA site did take some pictures, but.........some areas were not covered. The town can look fantastic really, and some construction was going on. Also, I will try to get the area where some of this interesting neighborhood is. I think it is called the Willow Grove section. The College View area I'll ask about.
I'll also get some Victorians as our poster SWB doesn't know they are even on the sidestreets of town, I am thinking ( he loves those kind of homes)
you'll want to see how they took a Victorian Home and made it into Charlie Browns.
We had a meeting of friends there, and they treated us fantastic. So charming inside.
So until you can return maybe we can have some inspiration for you.
Hated to see you going home so discouraged.
Pix would be great. Thanks!!!!! I was so excited when I came up for my trip because I was positive I'd find a house. It was such a let down to come home so discouraged. This will help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I really hope we helped the poster. It does seem homes are selling again, but slowly.........there will be more coming up in the area for sure.
I am thinking her realtor possiably didn't work that far out. Sometimes that is the case, and they have to give you over to another agent.
Personally, I like to choose my own agent..........and not have one chosen for me. Things have to click, don't you think Tahiti?
Everything I was reading, made me think......it would be the perfect spot for her.
Yes, it has helped. I'm beginning to wonder the same thing about my real estate agent - perhaps she didn't work that far. I liked her personalilty and felt she was easy to work with but she's in a different area. And yes, personalities have to click with the realtor too. The Hackettstown area might just be the perfect spot for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At least I have some hope again.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
My partner and I took a ride around hackettstown today - I forgot how much I love that area. We found this beautiful old victorian for sale over by the college - out of your range op but still really nice! We also drove around the College View neigborhood and I really liked the feel of it. I think you will as well. That one ranch I posted for you, it's just as cute in person as it looks in the photos. Fairly well kept neighborhood as well. We enjoyed it so much that we are considering staying in NJ if and when we sell our place. I've always wanted a nice old Victorian - this one is completely renovated. I'm sure I won't find many of those in georgia : ))
GA won't have big old Victorians for you. :-) Although Savannah has some beautiful old historic homes with the Spanish moss hanging from the old oaks....very beautiful. You'll be able to get a lot of new and newer construction in GA depending on where you go.

I'll check out the College View section then the next time I'm back up. I really like the idea of a fairly well kept neighborhood. I'm feeling more encouraged again.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Wow, do they have a rain date I forgot to ask the daughter??

Oh Back2Jersey.........I just saw the home on Hurley.......The inside is nice right?
Likeing the kitchen and I love the yard........the pool, is a winner too. I'm always wanting to swim in the summer. Ah, maybe just a few shrubs have to come down in the front.......a little this and that.......So you offer the 300! Hey, it is worth the try.
Good street, nice flat walking..........
If you do "birds eye view" on Zillow........it will bring you right down on top of the homes........You can just follow the street and look around.
Be sure to post us when you get to look, now you have me on the edge of my seat
I zillowed Hurley Drive but I don't know what the house number is. It came up with 212 Hurley Drive - is that it?

Old 04-11-2008, 06:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2jersey View Post
I zillowed Hurley Drive but I don't know what the house number is. It came up with 212 Hurley Drive - is that it?
I drove around Hurley yesterday and I didn't see anything for sale? I saw one on Carol - nice little ranch - may need a little TLC. That neighborhood is really cute and you get a nice big, level back yard plus a garage - perfect for a single gal with pups : )

Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I drove around Hurley yesterday and I didn't see anything for sale? I saw one on Carol - nice little ranch - may need a little TLC. That neighborhood is really cute and you get a nice big, level back yard plus a garage - perfect for a single gal with pups : )
Sounds good. A backyard plus a garage would be ideal.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
if you came onto hurley from 46 (as opposed to from the hospital) - it's right at the bend on the right hand side, and across the street from a house which has a brand new addition (2nd story), which doesn't fit in the neighborhood, IMHO.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:16 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
if you came onto hurley from 46 (as opposed to from the hospital) - it's right at the bend on the right hand side, and across the street from a house which has a brand new addition (2nd story), which doesn't fit in the neighborhood, IMHO.
That's the one I saw but I think it's Carol Drive not Hurley - that beast across the street! They have to be Italian..lol : ) I can't believe zoning allowed that monster to be put up on that small lot!!! My pals live behind that house on Richard's Drive. Oh and did hubby sell them a BMW? That was the car in the driveway : )

Old 04-11-2008, 07:24 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
That's the one I saw but I think it's Carol Drive not Hurley - that beast across the street! They have to be Italian..lol : ) I can't believe zoning allowed that monster to be put up on that small lot!!! My pals live behind that house on Richard's Drive. Oh and did hubby sell them a BMW? That was the car in the driveway : )
carol turns into hurley at ashley ave. it's on hurley but the same street, kwim?

no, not a bmw, honda (old one).

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM

196 posts, read 767,917 times
I'm happy you're back in Jersey but now I'm getting cold feet about leaving. Esp. when you talk about our food and all we do have here. The weather just does me in(cold)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey