Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 09:24 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,456,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Do you even have a clue on the "ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS it takes to get into any of the Military Academies?...........then there is this.............. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...lowest-our-low
i am generally aware that there are institutions that are difficult to qualify for. so what % of the military passes through one of those institutions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 03:14 PM

18,516 posts, read 10,457,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i am generally aware that there are institutions that are difficult to qualify for. so what % of the military passes through one of those institutions?
LOL, ahhhh now the back tracking begins.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
LOL, ahhhh now the back tracking begins.
i was wondering how you would answer that. tried some sneaky tactic of claiming i am not being responsive. you are simply avoiding the fact that the group you are referring to make up a tiny % of the overall military employment. i took a quick look at the military academies and their student count is tiny compared to number of people in the military. i can try to find a number but it looks like less than 1% of the annual new hires come through these academies.

predatory military recruiters deceive kids into joining. its disgusting.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
i was wondering how you would answer that. tried some sneaky tactic of claiming i am not being responsive. you are simply avoiding the fact that the group you are referring to make up a tiny % of the overall military employment. i took a quick look at the military academies and their student count is tiny compared to number of people in the military. i can try to find a number but it looks like less than 1% of the annual new hires come through these academies.

predatory military recruiters deceive kids into joining. its disgusting.
You know not of what you speak.I see you refuse to read the link I provided.

P.S. .......and you AGAIN have IGNORED" explaining what any of this has to do with the OP but you're not one for facts anyway.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You know not of what you speak.I see you refuse to read the link I provided.

P.S. .......and you AGAIN have IGNORED" explaining what any of this has to do with the OP but you're not one for facts anyway.
i read the link. its not substantive. nobody reading it would suggest it makes a decent case that military employees are high achievers. do i really need to go through it in detail? maybe they made a case that they are in the top 2/3. that isnt that great. but my cousin isnt really in the bottom as far as intelligence. he just had no idea what he would do and was generally lazy. none of my friends joined the military but my brother had a couple of friends that did. they seemed to have problems at home and broken family structures.

i dont remember how we got on this tangent and i dont care to look.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
i read the link. its not substantive. nobody reading it would suggest it makes a decent case that military employees are high achievers. do i really need to go through it in detail? maybe they made a case that they are in the top 2/3. that isnt that great. but my cousin isnt really in the bottom as far as intelligence. he just had no idea what he would do and was generally lazy. none of my friends joined the military but my brother had a couple of friends that did. they seemed to have problems at home and broken family structures.

i dont remember how we got on this tangent and i dont care to look.
LOL, of course not becuase you were proven wrong on both counts!

Old 12-20-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
LOL, of course not becuase you were proven wrong on both counts!
seriously? your great point was these military academies which appears to cover about 1% of military employees. if 1% of the group had high standards and 99% didnt; you are going to judge the group based on that 1%?

Old 12-21-2018, 05:12 AM

Quote:
seriously? your great point was these military academies which appears to cover about 1% of military employees. if 1% of the group had high standards and 99% didnt; you are going to judge the group based on that 1%?

Seems you are,not me.Stop the spin you're not good at it. AGAIN what does this have to do with illegals getting driver licenses ?

Stop hijacking threads.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Seems you are,not me.Stop the spin you're not good at it. AGAIN what does this have to do with illegals getting driver licenses ?

Stop hijacking threads.
ok, so you concede that your point was terrible and now you accept that the majority of military employees are low performing individuals.

like i said before, i am not sure how we got on this tangent and i dont care to look back for it. if you dont like it, dont participate.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
ok, so you concede that your point was terrible and now you accept that the majority of military employees are low performing individuals.

like i said before, i am not sure how we got on this tangent and i dont care to look back for it. if you dont like it, dont participate.

Checkmate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey