Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:00 PM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
When are murder suspects let go?

Shoot on sight?
The US is a country built on immigration. (Let's not get into a discussion how it was stolen from the original inhabitants)

I don't believe a illegal immigrant can collect welfare. Identity has to be established, this seems to be a far right talking point. Funny the majority of people on Welfare are white, lower income citizens, some even have jobs at places like Wal-Mart. Most of them also live in Red states.
To be honest, I have never seen a non-working Mexican immigrant who sits around and collects. Down the shore they are used a lot, they are cleaning the bathrooms of just about every restaurant and store on the boardwalk. They work their butts off from what I can see. In terms of effect on the economy, for Ocean City's economy the effect is beneficial. The year round population here has dwindled year after year because kids can't go back after college due to unaffordable housing. The result is many local stores and restaurants going out of business because they can't make it through the off season. These immigrants are now shopping at those stores and eating at those restaurants, and helping these businesses make it through the winter.

I work in skilled nursing home rehab in lower income rural areas. Poor white folks basically. A lot of the men don't work and are on public assistance, a lot of alcoholism and drug use. The idea that if illegals weren't around that these men would magically pull themselves together and take those jobs is laughable.

Yes, I always find the amnesia about whose country this really was and how we came to claim it as ours laughable too. If anyone can make a case of illegal immigration hurting society at large, it would be the American Indian, cause they lost their entire country and millions of their population due to illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey