Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Why are you still in the state? I left a couple states after I realized that it wasn't a fit beyond my tolerance. Honestly, posting here on CD isn't going to change the state nor your situation.
My son is still in NJ because he works for a company which builds, upgrades, and refurbishes ambulances.

Your life might be saved because my son wired, floored, and outfitted it correctly. Your oxygen supply is guaranteed because he installed it.

They stopped doing business with FDNY because they tried to cheap them out on every rehab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 07:19 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
why is it so controversial... to just enforce the damn laws.
Exactly!
Why are we not prosecuting employers who hire undocumented immigrants? If these moneygrubbing bosses didn't hire illegal/undocumented immigrants, then those folks wouldn't be tempted to come here.

I propose that we start with this woman's employer:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...206-story.html

Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

Old 12-07-2018, 10:39 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Exactly!
Why are we not prosecuting employers who hire undocumented immigrants? If these moneygrubbing bosses didn't hire illegal/undocumented immigrants, then those folks wouldn't be tempted to come here.

Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!
He did this in NYC on construction sites. Of course he would deny the above story but NJ doesn't require the I-9 identity check although an employer could use it if they chose. I'm sure there is a cost involved which would explain why Trump wouldn't use it.

As far as "Lock Him Up", I totally agree. Hopefully more evidence of his crimes will be revealed today with Flynn's sentencing recommendation. (The original R convention chant leader, who changed to "let's make a deal" with Mueller. Hopefully he spends at least some time in jail. Even Papadopolous got 14day.)

Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
why is it so controversial... to just enforce the damn laws. People can't murder... and then not face consequences for that murder... why are illegal alien parasites always just let go.

Honestly I would put in a shoot on sight order at the border. Only pain will stop these people. They are using the system because of our idiot democrats who want their anchor babies to become voters.

They have no respect for america... zero respect for the people of america... they are just welfare parasites. period. We shouldn't have to live as a country with parasites. Real immigrants make america great.
When are murder suspects let go?

Shoot on sight?
The US is a country built on immigration. (Let's not get into a discussion how it was stolen from the original inhabitants)

I don't believe a illegal immigrant can collect welfare. Identity has to be established, this seems to be a far right talking point. Funny the majority of people on Welfare are white, lower income citizens, some even have jobs at places like Wal-Mart. Most of them also live in Red states.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Exactly!

Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

Exactly, very good point. I think employing an illegal immigrant is most likely a civil violation, so fine him...

The cheapest, fastest and safest way to enforce immigration laws is to penalize the employers for hiring illegal immigrants. While also creating a legal, temporary visitor's worker program so that hard working immigrants can come and work legally while getting at least a minimum wage. All of these measures were proposed years ago but Republicans blocked them.

The law enforcement approach to the problem is a lot more expensive, legally challenging and dangerous. Yes, you can eventually build a border wall, hire another million Border patrol agents and try to turn US/Mexico border into a military zone with offenders shot without warning. This might also require a few constitutional changes, cost billions of dollars and will take decades.

So which approach to illegal immigration would you chose?

Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Gee, NJ is considered a "blue state", so is CA, and quite a few others, are you saying these states are not predominately white? I thing it's really more a matter of education. College degrees seem to be more predominate in the higher population north east and west coast than the middle of the country where either agrarian or blue collar manufacturing are the dominate industries.
That is precisely what I am saying. The more non-white a state is the greater the chance it will be a blue state.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:14 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeOntarioLiving View Post
I mean it has the second best schools in the nation. I understand NJ isnt as nice/desireable as somewhere like Eastern Massachusetts or Northern Virginia/So Maryland .. but its still fairly attractive.
What? Why do you say that? Many towns in NJ are FAR nicer than parts of those areas.

I have a friend in Arlington, VA. When I first visited her, I said, "WOW, there's a place where the traffic is worse than New Jersey." Arlington is very densely populated, and she lives in a small brick house on a tiny lot and the whole area where she is looks just like her house. It is a development from the 1950s.

When she lived in Silver Spring, MD, it wasn't that much different, though the homes were a bit bigger and the lots maybe a little bigger, but still nothing like the large houses and yards of suburban New Jersey, and they don't seem to have the old-growth large trees that Jersey has.

My niece just bought in Arlington, MA. Older house that needs a lot of work in a neighborhood with street parking. I'm not seeing where you are coming from with this idea that NJ isn't as "nice" as these places.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:40 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What? Why do you say that? Many towns in NJ are FAR nicer than parts of those areas.

I have a friend in Arlington, VA. When I first visited her, I said, "WOW, there's a place where the traffic is worse than New Jersey." Arlington is very densely populated, and she lives in a small brick house on a tiny lot and the whole area where she is looks just like her house. It is a development from the 1950s.

When she lived in Silver Spring, MD, it wasn't that much different, though the homes were a bit bigger and the lots maybe a little bigger, but still nothing like the large houses and yards of suburban New Jersey, and they don't seem to have the old-growth large trees that Jersey has.

My niece just bought in Arlington, MA. Older house that needs a lot of work in a neighborhood with street parking. I'm not seeing where you are coming from with this idea that NJ isn't as "nice" as these places.
Probably gets their info from tv. sigh.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:50 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Probably gets their info from tv. sigh.
Or, more specifically, from Fox's Faux News.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:53 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Or, more specifically, from Fox's Faux News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey