Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 10:31 AM

417 posts, read 455,375 times

Advertisements

These are all good suggestions but I think the main thing is there does not seem to be a location other than Jersey City or Hoboken for example where the majority of people will be in your age bracket. I think the suggested towns here would all work, and are all nice and safe but it won't be a case where 90% of the people you see at the gym or on the street or in the supermarket will be your peers. You will definitely find others like you but you will have to do some work to have a local social life. In my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 12:43 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,773,597 times
Do it!! It will be fun for a couple of years. Social scene is limited for someone of your advanced years

I had friends that did it when they were your age and had fun. I lived in plainsboro and it sucked (before uber, so might not be as bad now)

Apartment will be small and cost more than it should, but it will be fun

Old 01-06-2019, 07:51 AM

7 posts, read 7,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
These are all good suggestions but I think the main thing is there does not seem to be a location other than Jersey City or Hoboken for example where the majority of people will be in your age bracket. I think the suggested towns here would all work, and are all nice and safe but it won't be a case where 90% of the people you see at the gym or on the street or in the supermarket will be your peers. You will definitely find others like you but you will have to do some work to have a local social life. In my opinion.
I would move to Jersey City or Hoboken if it wasn't so far from East Windsor. I love it over there. Are there any other towns around the East Windsor area you think would be suitable? Thank you!

Old 01-06-2019, 07:52 AM

7 posts, read 7,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachbeach View Post
East Windsor, Plainsboro might have tons of affordable places and easy commute. To meet people, you'd probably have to join some meet up groups, join a gym or fitness activity (summer volleyball, softball etc) or look to join a group of interest for activities~biking, hiking, working with kids, volunteering in the community etc.
Thank you for your help. Do you know any other towns in the area where there might be more young people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey