U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 AM

5,951 posts, read 13,521,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
The democrats want the rich to pay "their fair share", so why shouldn't rich STATES pay "their fair share"? I love how people complain about the SALT deduction but haven't done their 2018 taxes (or haven't looked at the difference). I make north of $250K, pay $20K in taxes and have 2 kids. My taxes for 2018 are up around $200 (which is LESS than they would have gone up in the old system with the new tax tables). No SALT means NO AMT (for most people). They dont quite cancel each other out but the $2K tax credit I get for each kid does (with AMT my kids were worth $0 deductions to me, except for NJ taxes, they were worth $25/each)
So we should all have children? That solves it all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 09:02 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,541,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
so what was the difference for you, or did you not do it, so you have NO CLUE?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM

23,164 posts, read 29,143,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you seem to be trying to say it isnt an entitlement while all your points suggest it is an entitlement.

the ones who dont agree are the government. they make it quite clear that they have no obligation to give you any particular amount of money back. but the genius population doesnt want it to be in actual private accounts for them that they can invest on their own.

its hilarious how the politicians convinced people that investing the money would be a bad idea. do you know why politicians opposed it? its amazing that people dont see. that money was all going to treasuries. that means government spending. it was a reliable source of revenue. anything that people could do with as they please, takes away money from the government to spend on whatever they want. that is why politicians tricked people into thinking it was too risky for them to have some say in the matter.

and the funny thing is that they knew exactly what they were doing and the idiot citizens believed their lies.
i was hoping for a little response. social security is just a tremendous scam. it was created as a tax. its a complete trick into making the population believe they are getting something when all the government wanted was money to spend. of course, move forward to today and things start to change as social security is paying out more than it receives. it goes from being a reliable source of tax revenue for general spending to an anchor around the necks of working people.

it makes people feel so good about themselves because somehow they take personal satisfaction in the actions of their government. they are like "we take care of the elderly" when in reality that was never the purpose of social security. people are so gullible.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 AM

272 posts, read 243,479 times
Quote:
“Eliminating deductions for local and state taxes the tax reform plan will have a devastating effect on New York,” said Congressman King. “We give far more to Washington then we get back. For every dollar we give, we get $.79 back. That’s a $48 billion shortfall and hurts our middle class Long Islanders. This legislation is critical.”

that is because a lot of new yorkers leave new york when it comes time to collect social security and medicare. states dont pay taxes to the government, people do. the same people paying in while living in new york are taking out when they are collecting in florida.
Yes, this exactly.

Its insane how some people believe some states "send" more money to the feds then they "recieve".

Old 01-11-2019, 12:16 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,276,518 times
Regarding these SALT reductions, we have no o e to blame but our incompetent politicians who can’t even run a lemonade stand, let alone a multi billion dollar budget. All they know how to do is tax and tax and spend and spend, and now it is coming to bite them in the rear end since people ...even if they were paying huge amounts in taxes or property tax could write it off on their taxes and the sheep would go back to TMZ and the Oscars.....now people will hopefully start to see how they have been getting screwed for years.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:25 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,020,727 times
The only problem with universal HC is that other countries, it takes forever to see a doctor because too many people with serious problems are flooding the system and causing long waits for regular patients. People in other countries still end up going to private practices and pay for services. It's not as expensive as America but it turns out you still have to pay.

The biggest problem in America is the lawsuits are the biggest reason why it's so expensive. Every practice and health company needed their own insurance to shield against litigation.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:38 AM

5,951 posts, read 13,521,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The only problem with universal HC is that other countries, it takes forever to see a doctor because too many people with serious problems are flooding the system and causing long waits for regular patients. People in other countries still end up going to private practices and pay for services. It's not as expensive as America but it turns out you still have to pay.

The biggest problem in America is the lawsuits are the biggest reason why it's so expensive. Every practice and health company needed their own insurance to shield against litigation.
Well the benefit of the US being late to the game for universal healthcare is that we can review all the complaints (if there are any) of all other systems and figure out the best way to circumvent those. We can collect the best ideas from all other developed nations and create the best system possible, by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each individual system.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:52 AM

18,321 posts, read 15,411,016 times
Quote:
do you really figure that if the government didnt give money to "farmers" that we wouldnt have affordable food? its just crony capitalism/government corruption.
This is true. Corn is one of the most highly subsidized crops, and we have surpluses of corn. That's why they stick high fructose corn syrup into everything from bread to spaghetti sauce.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:21 PM

1,311 posts, read 868,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

I guess you haven't been a victim of malpractice (or was it the doctor was too busy running to the golf course or considering his other investments). I sat in an emergency room for 5hrs waiting because a doctor would not answer his pages. The following Monday the hospital called to tell me to contact the physician immediately because of test results done in the emergency room that Friday evening, saying they were faxing the results to the doctor's office. I called the office the doctor wasn't in, he called later, I explained what had happened, asked about the test results. He said he hadn't looked at them yet.

The following Wednesday the doctor's office called me to tell me to get in touch with an infectious disease doctor. I asked why they hadn't gotten back to me sooner, since the hospital had called and said they were faxing the results right over. The doctor's office replied, "we just got them today." Considering the urgency I heard from the hospital, I'm convinced they lied. Turned out I had a sepsis infection. Which had an extra 2 days to percolate.

Infectious disease doctor was another crook. Billed me for everyday I was in the hospital, even when he didn't see me. On days he did not see me, "Level 1 care, $50." on days he popped in to see if I was still alive, "Level 2 care, $75" on days he popped in and spent more than 5 minutes with me, "Level 3 care $100." I guess he wanted to pay for the Rolex, etc.

Or the case of someone I knew who had "plastic foreign objects" left in them. Could not sue for that, really boiled down to 1 doctor testifying against the other. Turned out they both had the same malpractice insurance carrier. The doctor said they'd put him out of business.

Or the GP I used to see who always wanted blood tests. Turned out he was taking payoffs from the lab. The feds had him on text messages, that the lab could "count on him" when they wanted more tests. He got 7yrs to practice medicine at Club Fed. I also remember his "Proud Republican" plaque in his office.

It really gotten to the point I trust a lawyer more than a doctor. At least a lawyer tells you up front he's gonna *********.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 PM

14 posts, read 5,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Unironically, yes. The low birth rate among the middle and upper classes in developed countries has been directly responsible of many economic and social problems today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or