U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM

23,139 posts, read 29,104,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikl88 View Post
There are many courses. Can your girlfriend teach you how to do makeup?
yes potanta, i am sure your girlfriend can help you out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 05:54 PM

13,843 posts, read 16,471,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I wear makeup to add maturity to my face and it really does help.
Have you thought about asking truly objective people about your belief that makeup "adds maturity" to your face?
It is entirely possible that your own perceptions are flawed.

Consider the example of the POTUS, who apparently believes that an orange spray tan (complete with unnaturally WHITE rings around his eyes) is natural-looking and/or attractive. If he bothered to ask anyone who was truly objective, that person would undoubtedly tell him that he looks decidedly unnatural... bizarre... and ludicrous.

The moral of the story is that that people who make their own decisions regarding... grooming... or cosmetic alterations... or even their mode of dress... could be making a spectacle of themselves every time that they venture into the public arena.

For your own benefit, try to find a relative or a friend who is TRULY objective, and ask him/her whether your cosmetic regimen is a positive or a negative factor in regard to your appearance.

Old Today, 12:26 AM

12,027 posts, read 9,878,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
I'm going to be the first to suggest you just don't. Why would you wear makeup if not to make you look feminine? Spoiler alert: It's not making you look more masculine.
Imho, anybody can wear makeup, who cares? People get way too concerned about gender roles, let people live.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

23,139 posts, read 29,104,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Have you thought about asking truly objective people about your belief that makeup "adds maturity" to your face?
i like this idea. potanta, post it up or you can send it to my via pm.

btw, i dont really care if you do or dont use make up and wont offer negative judgment if you wish to get an honest opinion. i also would never share something that the sender didnt wish to be shared.

i dont expect anything to be sent to me, but im happy to volunteer my services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or