U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 10:31 PM

721 posts, read 273,188 times

Advertisements

I am a guy who wears makeup, but not to look feminine. I know that you can go to mall stores and makeup stores and ask a makeup artist to give you a makeover or ask them advice, but I would never do that, because I just feel embarrassed about that since I am a guy. Is there any place in North Jersey (store, salon, etc) where a makeup artist can teach makeup techniques/give makeovers to guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 PM

6,331 posts, read 15,707,727 times
There are many makeup tutorials on the internet, even for guys (I’m sure).

But yeah, any professional would not pass judgement on you or anything. I don’t know you, but one thing I can tell from your posts is that you seem to care waaaaaaay too much about what others/strangers think of you and your doings. Let go of that and you’ll probably be much happier.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:13 AM

13,843 posts, read 16,471,185 times
Based on the overly made-up appearance of some of the men working in cosmetic departments, I really doubt if they would be judgmental in regard to the OP.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 AM

11 posts, read 1,649 times
There are many courses. Can your girlfriend teach you how to do makeup?

Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 AM

16,275 posts, read 11,256,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am a guy who wears makeup, but not to look feminine. I know that you can go to mall stores and makeup stores and ask a makeup artist to give you a makeover or ask them advice, but I would never do that, because I just feel embarrassed about that since I am a guy. Is there any place in North Jersey (store, salon, etc) where a makeup artist can teach makeup techniques/give makeovers to guys?
Try u-tube, an instructional video for anything you never, ever imagined.

If you are embarrassed in your search, perhaps you are conflicted and need to meditate on your situation.

If you don't feel comfortable as you are or as you can be, well then ......good luck on your journey!

Wishing you confidence!

Old 01-09-2019, 12:18 PM

1,917 posts, read 558,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Based on the overly made-up appearance of some of the men working in cosmetic departments, I really doubt if they would be judgmental in regard to the OP.
Agree. Their MO is to get you to buy some really expensive products regardless of gender .

Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM

961 posts, read 1,277,083 times
I'm going to be the first to suggest you just don't. Why would you wear makeup if not to make you look feminine? Spoiler alert: It's not making you look more masculine.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM

23,427 posts, read 22,415,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Do you need to cover a scar, or just want look better?

Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
I'm going to be the first to suggest you just don't. Why would you wear makeup if not to make you look feminine? Spoiler alert: It's not making you look more masculine.
Actually, it doesn't make me look feminine. I wear makeup to add maturity to my face.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Do you need to cover a scar, or just want look better?
I wear makeup to add maturity to my face and it really does help, but I would like a makeup artist teach me how to improve on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or