U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 265 times

Advertisements

Actually, mostly Northern NJ for now, but yeah.

Just thought I'd share this scanner I've been listening to for the past couple of months. This is the most advanced scanner site I've ever seen and if you're interested in neighborhood safety I recommend you check this out.

[url]https://guardian.citizen.com[/url]

That being said, the mobile version of the site kind of sucks, but works great on my laptop.

It was made by Citizen app which I also downloaded on my phone.

Last edited by k9edp; 01-18-2019 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: URL tags not working
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:24 AM

69 posts, read 61,475 times
how about you drive within the speed limit? that way you save yourself some coin, and our lives. win/win.

Old Today, 01:03 AM

5,353 posts, read 12,683,677 times
OP's post has zero nothing to do with cars or driving. In fact in NJ only certain people can have scanners in cars, i.e. fire, rescue, ham radio, commercial radio operators, etc.

Old Today, 06:58 AM

3,319 posts, read 12,437,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
OP's post has zero nothing to do with cars or driving. In fact in NJ only certain people can have scanners in cars, i.e. fire, rescue, ham radio, commercial radio operators, etc.
Quote the NJ statute that says scanners are illegal.

Old Today, 07:32 AM

3,917 posts, read 8,825,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Quote the NJ statute that says scanners are illegal.
Vehicular use of scanners is illegal in NY state. I don't believe that is true for NJ.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

14,001 posts, read 16,663,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
how about you drive within the speed limit? that way you save yourself some coin, and our lives. win/win.
The OP posted information regarding a police scanner--which picks up police radio calls--NOT a radar detector.
Those two types of devices are totally different.

Old Today, 10:55 AM

3,319 posts, read 12,437,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Vehicular use of scanners is illegal in NY state. I don't believe that is true for NJ.
Unless the law has changed, it is illegal to use a police scanner in the commission of a crime in NJ (NJ 2C:33-21 and 22), nothing in 2C about monitoring emergency frequencies. Some states require a ham license and I think NY is one of them.

Old Today, 01:22 PM

69 posts, read 61,475 times
sorry, to the OP. my mistake.
as you were...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey