Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I actually think the HackettstownTrading Post is quite pricey. Anything I have ever seen there and liked, I have been able to get elsewhere for less.

Pricey? Are you kidding? For starters they will match anyones price on a legitimate quote. And their service is second to none!

Furniture Queen
aka Mrs.Alex 07860
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 9,495 times
Default better and more creative furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My son just bought a leather sofa from them in addition to 2 cloth side chairs...very nice & quality seems good
I notice many people wondering where to purchase furniture for their home. Raymor and Flanagan, Bob's, and Ashley represent a certain level of furniture. Their stores are mostly Chinese imports, and offer limited sizes and colors.
I don't want to pretend I am a shopper like all of you. I am the owner of an interior design showroom in Bergen County NJ. There are alternatives to the stores mentioned. Custom furniture, inspiring creativity, shop at home service. The name of the company is "The Contemporary Couch" and our website is [URL="http://www.thecontemporarycouch.com"]www.thecontemporarycouch.com[/URL]. Not trying to sell anyone, but very few people know there are alternatives to the mass merchants. Family owned businesses, offering personal and unique services still exist. For one piece or the entire home.
Thank-you

Old 11-15-2008, 02:43 PM

177 posts, read 700,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsunc View Post
I notice many people wondering where to purchase furniture for their home. Raymor and Flanagan, Bob's, and Ashley represent a certain level of furniture. Their stores are mostly Chinese imports, and offer limited sizes and colors.
I don't want to pretend I am a shopper like all of you. I am the owner of an interior design showroom in Bergen County NJ. There are alternatives to the stores mentioned. Custom furniture, inspiring creativity, shop at home service. The name of the company is "The Contemporary Couch" and our website is www.thecontemporarycouch.com. Not trying to sell anyone, but very few people know there are alternatives to the mass merchants. Family owned businesses, offering personal and unique services still exist. For one piece or the entire home.
Thank-you
That's nice, but you didn't read the title of the thread. "Reasonable prices". Looking at your site it shows futuristic looking pieces, with no prices listed. Also, you mention Raymour & Flanigan and Ashley's having Chinese imports. Who is it to say that the materials used at your store aren't from China and other undesirable countries? Just taking your word for it is no different than any other furniture store making claims.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:08 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
most furniture is made now in Vietnam. I bought pieces from North Carolina made but even high end maitland smith is made in Vietnam. Also I bought a great little piece from SOuthCone come from Peru!! What a great little piece. I will tell you the truth I found broyhill on route 46 randolph area reasonable and willing to bargain.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:11 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well, funny you should ask, see, my wife used to work out of White House Furniture in Fairfield just up the road from Raymour & Flanigan on 46, they tried to recruit her and she almost went there, their furniture is ok, some quality some not so, see, the problem with big retailers like that is like wiley says, they buy in bulk quantity and it's sortakinda like a hit & miss. My wife decided HTP because #1 as a smaller mom & pop furniture store they're more like a family instead of a corporate mentality like R&F and #2 closer to home, #3 they go the extra mile (at least my wife does) for their clients.
you know my addiction is white house, just go there and salvate!!! I mean ohh nice!! Just thinking about all the stuff I could go crazy with there. Don't even get me going, now I m on the textile addiction.

I went from crazy crackhead to Martha Steward, boy have things changes. Used to be party and puke on the rugs and furniture, like a dark crackhouse now its a total palace. If only people knew my past!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 06:38 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Might be worth checking out Oskar Huber, they have filed bankrupcy and are having liquidation sales.

Report: Oskar Huber seeks bankruptcy protection - Philadelphia Business Journal:

Old 11-15-2008, 09:38 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,355 times
I just bought Raymour and Flanigan. Very happy with what I bought. Leather couch, love seat... got a free entertainment unit that was 500 bucks.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM

8 posts, read 41,764 times
Hey, maybe you should try at Suburban Furniture, they have complete variety from old to contemporary furniture. Here's the link, Hope it helps. Goodluck.

Suburban Furniture - New Jersey Furniture Stores - Succasunna, Morristown, Parsippany, Morris County, New Jersey Furniture Store

Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM

3 posts, read 17,715 times
Suburban Furniture in Succasunna and Ashley Home Furniture store in Ledgewood. I have both very fine furniture and some less expensive furninture, yet I love my furniture the most from both of those stores - looks nice, is holding up well and very inexpensive without being "cheap". Hackettstown Trading post is ok, but the others are better. I furnished a whole house within the last 3 years here. Also, for a huge variety of slighter better names (stanley, lexington, etc) - try Harry Loory in Dover (I think that's their name). My dad swears by them for over 50 years.

Last edited by snowgirl682; 11-21-2008 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a store

Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,355 times
I also bought a dining room table from Ashley. LOVE IT. Very strong, very stable, very professional delivery guys.

As a note - the best tip you can give your delivery guys is not just cash, but beverages, usually water or soda. Give them a couple of 2L bottles and you'll have some very happy campers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey