Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:14 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

I use Duane Reade. I'm not sure how far into Jersey they go, but I'm in Jersey City. The pharmacists know my name and face. Idk if that's bad because maybe I go more than other people, or good that their normal client base is small enough that they can have personal relations even while being a massive chain. It's been the same group of pharmacists/techs for 2 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
I use CVS as I travel between NC and NJ, it's very easy to get a prescription transferred

Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 AM

74 posts, read 73,924 times
As someone who knows a lot about retail pharmacy chains, I'd advice to stay away. It's all about the bottom-line for them, which is a dangerous concept in healthcare. They treat it like a fast-food joint! They place high demands and expectations on the pharmacy staff (prescription quotas, vaccine quotas, monitoring drive-thru and telephone wait-times, extreme micro-managing, etc.). It's nearly impossible for pharmacists to take proper bathroom and lunch breaks, especially in the busy stores.

Pharmacy Techs are paid crap, despite being knowledgeable individuals that require a high school diploma and certification to do their job. Staff hours are cut on a month-to-month basis and these pharmacies are rarely staffed properly. Techs can go from full-time to part-time at the drop of a hat. It's no surprise the turn-around for pharmacy staff is usually high, they burn-out quickly. It's slightly better at grocery and big-box store pharmacies. I would stick to those or independent pharmacies, although their survival is also on the line due to PBM's and the big chains making deals and buy-outs. However, that's another topic for another day.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:04 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
I really like our local mom 'n pop pharmacy. The pharmacist is always on the ball and ... amazing ... he delivers to the house after 5:30 pm if someone cannot get out. The big chains are good places to buy, perfume, and shampoo on sale or two/for/one deals. If you need a drug 'compounded' in a chain pharm., just fuggedit.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I use CVS as I travel between NC and NJ, it's very easy to get a prescription transferred
Yeah that's the consideration for me. I used to travel a lot and needed prescriptions in different cities. I could possibly go to a more local one now that I'm not traveling as much, but the Duane Read I use is right in my transit station. Makes it easy to pick up meds on the way home from anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey