Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 03:59 AM

343 posts, read 229,232 times

Advertisements

NJ has wallgreens CVS, Target, Walmart, Costco etc.

Who do you prefer to use? I've been using CVS (the same CVS) for 8 years and a different CVS for about 5 years before that. But I'm growing disgruntled with them. I keep getting texts saying medicine is ready for pickup and then we arrive and it's not. Or they say ready for refill we order it and the app shows it's not ready for days only to find out by calling that they are out of the medication and had to order it but it'll be a week before it's in.

That last one really got me because my husband was on an antibiotic that had to be refilled so when it wasn't available it was contraindicated to skip doses with his physicians prognostic plan. You are not meant to stop and start antibiotics! So I had to take over and call and ask if it was available at a different CVS pharmacy and it was but they thought the doctor's name was made up (the antibiotic was prescribed by Dr. Doctoroff) and gave my husband a hard time when he was trying to fill it there.

I used to go to a family run pharmacy years ago and I had no problems. My prescriptions are the same from back then, they had rapport with me and good customer service, but at CVS I get treated like I'm arousing suspicion just by trying to fill non-narcotic scripts or my ambien scripts that I've been taking for years due to having a chronic sleep disorder that was apparent when I was less than one month old.

Well I did fill some once or twice a year I get scripts for just enough Valium to prep me for surgeries (and yes those too seem to arouse suspicion.

Where does one go when they want a good experience with a pharmacy now-a-days? I'm a nice polite and honest customer and it's really upsetting to be treated poorly because of what my prescription is for or getting mixed information about when medications are filled.

I mean come on if the antibiotic is not in stock- let the customer know that right away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 10:33 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,492,738 times
I've had the best experiences at our supermarket pharmacies.

CVS has always been a disaster for us for some reason. I don't know if they have too much volume or if the head pharmacists move around a lot, but it always seems like chaos in there.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:48 AM

551 posts, read 1,187,030 times
I have had great experience with my local pharmacy, they deliver for free and I can personally speak with the same pharmacist/owner who finds ways to lower my out of pocket whenever possible.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:03 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,861,975 times
Go smaller then, find a local pharmacy. Especially if you don't need the things a larger one provides, namely the ability to pickup out of state or whatever.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:00 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,135,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndCatsForAll
they thought the doctor's name was made up (the antibiotic was prescribed by Dr. Doctoroff)
You have to admit that is pretty funny.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,292,124 times
I go to a local mom-n-pop a block away for basics. I go to Duane Reade when I need more options to select from or it's late (mom n pop closes at 7, DR is 24 hrs).

Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 PM

538 posts, read 732,085 times
Back when I lived in the city there was a small independent pharmacy that was nearby and while it was 'nice to support small business' it really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Since they were a little more flexible they literally never actually had the bottles ready to go at the time that they said it would be. Sure, when you got there they'd scramble and fill it right away, but it was pretty annoying. Especially when they were out of something and could have called so you could have worked on a plan b.

In other things you mentioned, Ambien is definitely a controlled substance and not seen as a lightweight sleep aid. It's schedule IV, so it's the same as xanax, valium, etc. You definitely shouldn't expect much flexibility when dealing with it.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,759,542 times
Luckily we don’t take any medications on a regular basis. Seems like it takes forever and then many times there are issues with having Walgreens apply insurance against the prescription.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:53 PM

88,487 posts, read 84,635,392 times
I haven't had those issues. Once or twice they were short of my meds, but that was rare. I only take one medication daily now, and it comes via Express Scripts.

For non-medicine items, I shop at CVS. There is one close by, and they have good deals and the coupons sent are sent to your card and whatnot.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:34 AM

107 posts, read 112,871 times
I usually use CVS or WalMart, depending on the issue. Never had any problems. When Wald Drug was in Flemington, that was the place we went, Never had problems with them, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey