Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:17 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..
i dont personally support the existence of national borders. however, i dont think that the case you presented above is enough to justify calling people who oppose illegal immigration racists. i dont really see why they would excuse the illegal behavior out of concern that crimes wont be reported or that the agency obligated to enforce it isnt properly enforcing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 02:44 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Originally Posted by jessemh431; Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..

So desiring a secure border and legal immigration is now racist?

When did that happen?

Old 03-19-2019, 02:54 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
I would hope the cops find some way to legally or quasi legally get around that law which endangers the residents of NJ and elsewhere.

Guvmurph a one term guv, unless the petition to remove him moves faster.

Murphy has made NJ tremble with fear. He is not just a rabid left wing, fringe wing nut, goldman sachs trophy hunter bagging a state governorship, he represent approximately 18% of NJ voters. 'NJ and goldman sachs, purrfect together'

Too bad murph was not aware of the school kids that got shot by the guy who was supposed to be deported and escaped ICS restraining order in another state.

Too bad murph doesn't listen to or read about the latest murders by those deported or let go without telling ice. Plenty of NJ residents to sacrifice to satisfy his left wing ideology. they probably didn't vote for him anyway.

To bad you just don't know what it is you're talking about.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont personally support the existence of national borders. however, i dont think that the case you presented above is enough to justify calling people who oppose illegal immigration racists. i dont really see why they would excuse the illegal behavior out of concern that crimes wont be reported or that the agency obligated to enforce it isnt properly enforcing it.
These are definitely considerations, though. Idk the exact reasons this policy was implemented, but I know from my own research and the study of international laws that these are often some of the reasons cited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Originally Posted by jessemh431; Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..

So desiring a secure border and legal immigration is now racist?

When did that happen?
Undocumented immigrants don't endanger anyone...

Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ.

What's the basis for removal? I also would like to allude a common phrase I've been told: "You lost, get over it. He is your [governor]."

I know nobody trembling in fear. Maybe the old conservative white racists are, but everyone I know just think he needs to hurry up and pass legalized marijuana and fix NJT. Besides that, he hasn't really done all that much besides strengthen the rights of marginalized minorities in the state which is a wonderful thing, but isn't as concrete as sales tax revenue or working trains. Also, Trump only got around the same amount of votes, actually losing the popular vote, so don't come at us with the percent he represents. He legit lost the popular vote. Murphy won it. Therefore, he actually represents more proportion of voters than Trump.

Need I cite to all the deranged conservative white male citizens who regularly terrorize our nation's schools, malls, theaters, concerts, etc.? Conservative white male citizens with guns are far more terrifying than illegal immigrants.
"In Texas in 2015, the rate of convictions per 100,000 illegal immigrants was 16 percent lower below that of native-born Americans. That is little consolation to the victims and their families, but the population of illegal immigrants is less likely to be convicted of murder than native-born Americans in Texas. If nationwide incarceration rates by immigration status are any clue, that trend likely holds nationwide."
https://www.cato.org/blog/murder-mol...nt-crime-facts

"The research concluded: “Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.†(And legal immigrants are even less likely to be in jail or prison.)...

Another study, “Does Undocumented Immigration Increase Violent Crime?,†which was published in the journal Criminology in March, looked at the influx of undocumented immigrants into communities in recent decades and concluded, “Increased concentrations of undocumented immigrants are associated with statistically significant decreases in violent crime...

Numerous other studies have found that immigrants overall — including those with legal status — do not commit crimes at a higher rate than non-immigrants, and that higher concentrations of immigrants do not lead to higher rates of violent crime..."
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/is...or-less-crime/

So actually, more immigrants and even more undocumented immigrants leads to less crime.

See above on crime statistics ^

I'm also not claiming that alleged perpetrators of crimes should remain here illegally. In fact, the AG's directive explicitly allows LEO to ask for identification when legally justified in doing so such as during a traffic stop a justified arrest. At that point, someone without a valid ID will be found out about.

you can always call ICE if you're being bothered by illegals

Old 03-19-2019, 04:20 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
jessemh431; Undocumented immigrants don't endanger anyone...
Never said they did. You threw in the "racist" angle.

I asked you "So desiring a secure border and legal immigration is now racist?

When did that happen?"

Old 03-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Never said they did. You threw in the "racist" angle.

I asked you "So desiring a secure border and legal immigration is now racist?

When did that happen?"
A secure border is not the same thing as a sanctuary city/state. When people say a "secure border" it's in reference to a wall. A wall is pointless.

Now, when someone claims that undocumented immigrants endanger NJ residents and attempts to argue that undocumented immigrants are criminals and cause crime, that's either ignorance or racism. It can be ignorance because basically all facts prove that undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than citizens. It can be racism if one chooses to simply ignore the facts and "go with what their heart tells them;" aka ignoring facts and believing that any brown person here without legal status is a scary criminal.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:39 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Magaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 AM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Actually the majority of gang members like MS13, are indeed illegal aliens. Also, since there are far more natives living in the US than illegals, you cannot accurately say that natives commit more crimes because you are comparing a much larger group to a smaller group. Yes, there are several illegals who are very hard workers and should not be punished, but there should be more effort by the State to help them become "Legal" rather than attempt to "protect them" from being deported. The only problem I have with illegals is when they chose to drive without insurance or when our State gives them freebies while forcing everyone else to pay for them via increases in taxes. I.E illegals should have no right to FREE college.

Also, crime rate in NYC was at its lowest when stop and frisk was in effect. Everyone (white or black) should be checked out if they appear to be loitering suspiciously at any place.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Actually the majority of gang members like MS13, are indeed illegal aliens. Also, since there are far more natives living in the US than illegals, you cannot accurately say that natives commit more crimes because you are comparing a much larger group to a smaller group. Yes, there are several illegals who are very hard workers and should not be punished, but there should be more effort by the State to help them become "Legal" rather than attempt to "protect them" from being deported. The only problem I have with illegals is when they chose to drive without insurance or when our State gives them freebies while forcing everyone else to pay for them via increases in taxes. I.E illegals should have no right to FREE college.

Also, crime rate in NYC was at its lowest when stop and frisk was in effect. Everyone (white or black) should be checked out if they appear to be loitering suspiciously at any place.
I'll agree with you on some points. The MS13 have a lot of illegals in their gang. However, I'm still more terrified of deranged, emasculated, Christian, straight, white men than of the MS13. If you're not in a gang and don't hang out where gangs hang out, you're probably pretty safe from them. However, the aforementioned white man comes for people in schools, malls, theaters, office buildings, concerts, etc.

Comparing for a smaller sample size is hard, yes. But it's not like the undocumented population is small. It's currently over 10 million. That's larger than numerous countries. So in the same logic, it would be impossible to compare any crime stat from a smaller country or any stat AT ALL from a smaller country with the US. However, we regularly compare countries of 10 million people with the US very accurately. Also, the fact that they're undocumented to begin with would tend to prove they try to fly under the radar. When you know you're doing something wrong, you purposely try to not bring attention to yourself. They know if they get caught they'll be deported, so why bother committing a crime or doing anything at all to bring attention to yourself. Obviously this is different for gangs like MS13 but they're not the majority of undocumented immigrants.

I agree the path to legalization must be made easier. However, in the meantime, many cities and states are realizing the economic benefit these people bring to their city/state. Protecting them is more beneficial than allowing them to be deported. Think of all the crops that would not be harvested (already happening), all the parent-less children, all the people doing jobs Americans would never take, etc. The sad truth is that our federal government has made it extremely difficult for those living here to become legal residents or citizens. And on top of that, they're making it harder even for those seeking asylum to come here. The cities and states have stepped in to do as much as they can while the federal government at the least ignores the problem or at the most exacerbates the problem. States can't give legal status to undocumented immigrants, they can only protect them at the state level. States can't give citizenship, that's a federal government issue.

The choosing to drive without insurance part is a big deal. I know a lot of people in LA that have gotten into car accidents with that situation, and the costs often land on the citizen. However, allowing undocumented immigrants to buy into the auto insurance policies is one of those band-aid type programs until the federal government can figure something out. It allows the auto insurance industry to solve a limited problem involving them, without waiting for fed govt intervention.

Undocumented immigrants cannot receive government assistance. However, many of them pay taxes and even pay into systems like SS and Medicare that they'll never get the benefits of. It is unfair for their families to have paid taxes into a public education system, but deny their children the right to get an education. The children did not choose to be undocumented at 1 year old. All we're doing is punishing a child who could be a positive influence on the country for the illegal acts of their parents. There are laws/public policy against punishing the family members/children of those who commit illegal acts. I.e. if a parent robs a bank with a baby in their arms, that baby is not going to be charged as an accomplice or a co-conspirator. Yes, technically the baby did not announce its objection to the crime and attempt to stop the illegal activity (the method in which one can be found innocent of accomplice or conspiracy). But it did not take any steps to be apart of the illegal act and could not make any conscious decisions to the illegal activity. Nobody would ever punish a baby in that situation. Why do we punish babies who were brought against their will into the US illegally? Their parents committed the crime, not them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: